GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My daphne (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164419-my-daphne.html)

Mary Fisher 04-09-2007 03:37 PM

My daphne

Is it supposed to be losing leaves now?

Mary

Keith & Jennie Allchin 04-09-2007 04:01 PM

My daphne

Mine is.

Keith
t...

echinosum 05-09-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Fisher (Post 745145)
Is it supposed to be losing leaves now?

If it is a deciduous one, like D mezereum, that isn't so surprising. If it is an evergreen one, like D odora, then I would worry.

Ornata 05-09-2007 02:52 PM

My daphne

On 4 Sep, 16:01, "Keith & Jennie Allchin"
wrote:
Mine is.

Keith"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

Is it supposed to be losing leaves now?

Mary- Hide quoted text -

Are you talking about Daphne mezereum? I glanced at my one, planted
towards the back of a border, the other day and was rather concerned
that it had very few leaves on it. I'd like to think it's because it
loses them at this time of year, but isn't it a bit early for
deciduous shrubs to shed their leaves? Hopefully a Daphne expert can
answer.

Mary Fisher 05-09-2007 07:56 PM

My daphne

"echinosum" wrote in message

Mary Fisher;745145 Wrote:
Is it supposed to be losing leaves now?

If it is a deciduous one, like D mezereum, that isn't so surprising. If
it is an evergreen one, like D odora, then I would worry.

mesereum rubra.

Thank you :-)

Mary

--
echinosum

Scotkat 30-09-2007 01:29 PM

Hello Mary I have 2 Daphane shrubs and normally at this time of year there is no sign of growth ,I even shifted to another side of the garden and they have new leaves growing again.

They are like the birds dont know which season it is.