Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Home-Made fertilisers

On Sep 10, 2:29 pm, Sacha

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

And amusing!!!! BTW I don't have one filling in my teeth, I wonder
how many can say that and I don't have false teeth either.

Martin and I must not joke innocently as she has a dirty mind. This
is, as she said, a gardening group, lets hope the advice she gives in
future will be accurate and without filthy language and personal and
aegist gutter mumblings:-))) That is my first and final comment on
this Sacha, I wouldn't have seen it as she is in my killfile, how on
earth did she escape? Aah I see changed the name. Right urbed coop
goes in my killfile. If she retaliates please don't answer her on my
behalf, it's not worth the energy.

Judith

Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Sep, 14:29, Sacha wrote:
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

SPLUTTER .... stop it, I'm crying now LOL!!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/9/07 15:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:01:52 -0700, "
wrote:

On Sep 10, 11:50 am, Martin wrote:

That's the safest stage.

looks over shoulder

Brazen hussy!

Oh, I like that (why did you look over your shoulder?)

The Brazen One

to see if swmbo was watching.

I was called a hussy once by a very angry German woman in Munich, who had
tried
and failed to grab a table in a restaurant that we had queued 20 minutes for.
My
kids almost died laughing, she almost had a fit. "You, you, you ... hussy"
always gets a laugh in our house.

;-)) We'd just been round a film studio in LA and an American friend took
us to a really good burger place for lunch. We asked for a table in the
window and as the waitress led us to it, some great burly bloke in a chalk
stripe suit with a black shirt and tie, accompanied by a suicide blonde in a
black leather suit and heels so high she must have had vertigo, tried to
grab it. We all sat down in a determined fashion and in a Bronx accent he
said "if dey wan' de table, lettem have de table", which gave me quite a
frisson after a morning looking at film sets. It's now passed into folklore
in this household. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

John, I do think that part of the problem is that you always top-post. If
you snip out the irrelevant bits of whatever you are replying to (as I
have
done here), and post underneath the point you are particularly replying
to,
it makes it much easier to follow the conversation and much less confusing
about who is replying to whom. If you look, you will see that most people
do
this on this newsgroup (and indeed all the ones that I frequent!). Better
still is to sort-of "inter-post" so that you get Point A, your response,
Point B, your response, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

________________ On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:00:06 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

snip

Hi Sally, in Shropshire!

I've produced this post the way you suggested and, as you said, the way most
posters do it. No problem! I'm happy doing that and will do all mine that
way in future!

I did it the other way, strangely enough, for the very reasons you give as I
felt that top posting made it clearer and easier to read. I found myself
getting irritated with some emails, because I had to wind my way through a
repeat of every previous posting in the thread, only to find the words, at
the very end, saying, "I agree" or "me too" or such. I felt that if "I
agree" had appeared at the top, then I wouldn't have had to go any further.
It was particularly, irritating when I had to go through many new postings
of a similar kind!

I suppose not enough use was being made of the "snip" facility but I'm
fairly new to newsgroups!

There were, also, the long emails that started with one reference to one
posting, followed immediately by another reference to yet another posting,
and yet another and so on, and so on, until I had trouble working out who
had written the comments to which I was replying!

However, I'm quite happy doing what everyone else prefers! I just thought I'd
explain my reasons! Please don't be offended by my long-winded reply - the
topic, gardening, is the important thing!

After all that, I hope I've done this one right!

Kindest regards,

John

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 10, 4:23 pm, "John Vanini" wrote:

I've produced this post the way you suggested and, as you said, the way most
posters do it. No problem! I'm happy doing that and will do all mine that
way in future!

Brilliant, as you are a new boy you couldn't be expected to know and
Sally is one of the nicest people here who posts and has steered you
in the right direction. In fact there are a lot of very nice people,
very knowledgeable, alas I am not one of those. I am just here to try
and learn a bit more but the old timers are very patient with me and
some have become friends. Lets hope that we shall all meet you in
time John.

Judith

Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 10, 2:29 pm, Sacha

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

And amusing!!!! BTW I don't have one filling in my teeth, I wonder
how many can say that

ME :-))))))

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:23:04 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

John, I do think that part of the problem is that you always top-post. If
you snip out the irrelevant bits of whatever you are replying to (as I
have
done here), and post underneath the point you are particularly replying
to,
it makes it much easier to follow the conversation and much less confusing
about who is replying to whom.

snip

I've produced this post the way you suggested and, as you said, the way most
posters do it. No problem! I'm happy doing that and will do all mine that
way in future!

Glad you weren't offended at the suggestion :-)

I did it the other way, strangely enough, for the very reasons you give as I
felt that top posting made it clearer and easier to read. I found myself
getting irritated with some emails,

Emails are very different, because you probably know the message that is
being replied to (if you see what I mean). On usenet, messages reach us at
different times and in a different order. I only see unread messages, so it
is useful to just see a snippet to see what is being answered. If I need to
see the whole posting, on my newsreader it is easy to find it and read the
whole thing again.

I suppose not enough use was being made of the "snip" facility but I'm
fairly new to newsgroups!

Yes, one of the worst crimes on usenet!

However, I'm quite happy doing what everyone else prefers! I just thought I'd

explain my reasons! Please don't be offended by my long-winded reply - the
topic, gardening, is the important thing!

I agree there - and you've done nothing to offend, I can assure you.

After all that, I hope I've done this one right!

Ten out of teng