GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Butterflies galore (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164565-butterflies-galore.html)

'Mike' 08-09-2007 04:44 PM

Butterflies galore

Dozens of them this afternoon.

Red Admiral, Tortoiseshell, Peacocks by the dozen and others as yet
unidentified. Anybody else got loads today? They seem to love the Perennial
Wallflowers (Cheiranthus 'Bowles Mauve') more than anything and ignoring the
huge Buddleia.

Mike
Sunny South Coast Isle of Wight for reference.

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Mogga 08-09-2007 04:56 PM

Butterflies galore

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 16:44:53 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

Dozens of them this afternoon.

Red Admiral, Tortoiseshell, Peacocks by the dozen and others as yet
unidentified. Anybody else got loads today? They seem to love the Perennial
Wallflowers (Cheiranthus 'Bowles Mauve') more than anything and ignoring the
huge Buddleia.

Mike
Sunny South Coast Isle of Wight for reference.

Had one flutter in through the doors briefly today - but they've been
laying eggs on my washing line all summer. Every now and again I'd see
tons of them wriggling away and falling off.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free