GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hmmm - caulis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164629-hmmm-caulis.html)

Oxymel of Squill 10-09-2007 10:05 AM

Hmmm - caulis

I bought some "everlasting cauliflowers" which grew strongly and produced
some wondrous leaves, but not a hint of a cauliflower anywhere. I've no idea
what to do with them now. Do I leave them to their own devices, cut the
back...? And any hints on how to get them to flower next year?

tia

Jon

Mary Fisher 10-09-2007 10:44 AM

Hmmm - caulis

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I bought some "everlasting cauliflowers" which grew strongly and produced
some wondrous leaves, but not a hint of a cauliflower anywhere. I've no
idea what to do with them now. Do I leave them to their own devices, cut
the back...? And any hints on how to get them to flower next year?

tia

Jon

Don't talk to me about caulis. I grew several small ones from seed and they
came to nothing more than shrivelled, mouldy, brown slimy things. The two
seedlings I gave to a son gave him beautiful curds :-(

Mary