Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why is there so much animal rights post in this newsgroup ?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/9/07 13:33, in article ,
" wrote:

Because they cross post to as many groups as they can annoy and because Mike
Crowe keeps answering them, keeping all the cross postings in. When he
first came here he annoyed a lot of people and was remonstrated with for
advertising non-gardening related activities (see the ludicrous sig-file he
uses now) That's how he gets his jollies. Xpostings annoys urglers so he
enjoys it.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On 10/9/07 13:33, in article
,
" wrote:

Because they cross post to as many groups as they can annoy and
because Mike Crowe keeps answering them, keeping all the cross
postings in. When he first came here he annoyed a lot of people and
was remonstrated with for advertising non-gardening related
activities (see the ludicrous sig-file he uses now) That's how he
gets his jollies. Xpostings annoys urglers so he enjoys it.

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from such
groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from such
groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion). The mixture of facts and
misinformation zealously shoved in peoples faces is just a turn off for
their message. Like the people who thrust leaflets in your hand when walking
along the street. They just get stuffed into the next litter bin.
I generally skip any such posting in the group. They don't even irritate me
anymore - they are just part of the ignored background noise, along with all
the bitching and infighting that goes on here.

David.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/9/07 15:05, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say :

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from
such groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion). The mixture of facts and
misinformation zealously shoved in peoples faces is just a turn off
for their message. Like the people who thrust leaflets in your hand
when walking along the street. They just get stuffed into the next
litter bin. I generally skip any such posting in the group. They don't
even
irritate me anymore - they are just part of the ignored background
noise, along with all the bitching and infighting that goes on here.

David.

Well said David, on all counts.

They are a lot easier to ignore than the SPAM I get, sadly.

Luckily, the perp is usually easy to spot, such as Dr Someone, etc, or with
a daft subject like "good news for ....".

Anyway, I think on the strength of the claims of the veggiebreatharian
brigade, I shall go to the kebab shop tonight :-)

I have to admit that this cross posting lark puts me entirely out of
sympathy with the aims of the people perpetrating it. I suspect that it's
counter-productive with most people and goes straight to a kill file.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

I generally skip any such posting in the group. They don't even irritate
me anymore - they are just part of the ignored background noise, along
with all the bitching and infighting that goes on here.

Well said.

Mary

David.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:03:59 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I have to admit that this cross posting lark puts me entirely out of
sympathy with the aims of the people perpetrating it. I suspect that it's
counter-productive with most people and goes straight to a kill file.

I don't see any of it because I have set things up so that anything
crossposted never gets to me. It's easy with the application I use but
I expect the same facilities are in most readers these days.

Steve

--
Stephen Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10 Sep, 14:54, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion).

I don't mind them as such, it's like a newspaper, you read what you
want. It's in the title, you usually get the idea of the thread by the
title. What is annoying is when an urgler respond to them just to be
rude. I hardly see the point. Best to read if you want, but don't
respond. If they don't get the feedback they won't post here again. I
think.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion).

I don't mind them as such, it's like a newspaper, you read what you
want. It's in the title, you usually get the idea of the thread by the
title. What is annoying is when an urgler respond to them just to be
rude.

It's the net nanny who craves attention that's the problem, going
round from post to post protesteth much and boring the pants off the
rest of us. I suspect most are too stupid to use a kill filter, or
ignore posts that get up their noses.

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

****************
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:59:43 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 10/9/07 14:43, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say :

On 10/9/07 13:33, in article
,
" wrote:

Because they cross post to as many groups as they can annoy and
because Mike Crowe keeps answering them, keeping all the cross
postings in. When he first came here he annoyed a lot of people and
was remonstrated with for advertising non-gardening related
activities (see the ludicrous sig-file he uses now) That's how he
gets his jollies. Xpostings annoys urglers so he enjoys it.

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from such
groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

That wouldn't explain the cross postings to the food groups or sometimes, to
genealogy groups.

If you don't want to see posts then learn to use a kill filter, or
even go start your own ****ing group where only ******s are allowed to
speak!

Just quit your off topic bitching here about off topic posts!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:54:44 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

I thought it was cos they thought they'd get the most support from such
groups as gardening, birds, veggies etc.

Shows wot I know.

The animal rights people don't do themselves any favours with all this
off-topic posting here (in my opinion).

Then you clearly miss the point.

The mixture of facts and
misinformation zealously shoved in peoples faces is just a turn off for
their message.

Try google for information on all animal rights, it's like a free
library right at your fingertips. Then you'll see the point of
newsgroup announcements.

Like the people who thrust leaflets in your hand when walking
along the street. They just get stuffed into the next litter bin.
I generally skip any such posting in the group. They don't even irritate me
anymore - they are just part of the ignored background noise, along with all
the bitching and infighting that goes on here.

Must be great being stuck so far up your own arse all you can hear is
the occasional fart!