GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   This needs to be said! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164664-re-needs-said.html)

Sacha 11-09-2007 12:03 AM

This needs to be said!

On 10/9/07 22:50, in article , "John
Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
Do you realise that Rita F ia an anagram of "I R Fat"? Has that got
anything to do with it?

I Fart, too...

You probably do, Pies, but we didn't need to know that (lol).

John

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

?[_3_] 11-09-2007 12:45 AM

This needs to be said!

Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
Do you realise that Rita F ia an anagram of "I R Fat"? Has that got
anything to do with it?

I Fart, too...

You probably do, Pies, but we didn't need to know that (lol).

John

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Stamp your feet and threaten with your killfile all you like, but he can
crosspost where the **** he likes.

BTR1701 11-09-2007 12:57 AM

Listen up people! *NO* crossposting to uk.rec.gardening!

wrote:

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha says that crossposting to uk.rec.gardening is not allowed, and
that she'll instruct everyone there to killfile you if you do.

Now, has she made herself perfectly clear?

Sure. I just don't care.

Paul {Hamilton Rooney}[_2_] 11-09-2007 01:02 AM

This needs to be said!

Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
Do you realise that Rita F ia an anagram of "I R Fat"? Has that got
anything to do with it?

I Fart, too...

You probably do, Pies, but we didn't need to know that (lol).

John

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Stamp your feet and threaten with your killfile all you like, but he can
crosspost where the **** he likes.- Hide quoted text -

Silly campaigns against crossposting are a misguided waste of time.
Crossposting can only enrich a group. It cannot spoil a group.
Subscribers can easily choose not to read, or even see, crossposts.

Can you imagine sitting in a pub having a chat with your fellow
gardeners, when up pops one gent and says - don't talk to him!! He's
got other interests! This conversation is restricted to gardeners!

Crossposting is probably banned by David Cameroon's Conservatives, but
they are the lunatic fringe. What's more, Jesus commanded us to
crosspost.

BTR1701 11-09-2007 03:09 AM

Listen up people! *NO* crossposting to uk.rec.gardening!

In article , ? wrote:

wrote:

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received
gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha says that crossposting to uk.rec.gardening is not allowed, and
that she'll instruct everyone there to killfile you if you do.

Now, has she made herself perfectly clear?

Sure. I just don't care.

That's your choice, but don't say I didn't warn you when you suffer
Sacha's wrath.

I'll take my chances.

@@^> 11-09-2007 08:16 AM

This needs to be said!

Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
[...]

I fear they obviously don't get out much, least of all to a pub. Hence
the obsessive, compulsive disorder to netkop.

Crossposting is probably banned by David Cameroon's Conservatives, but
they are the lunatic fringe. What's more, Jesus commanded us to
crosspost.

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

****************

John Vanini 11-09-2007 10:56 PM

This needs to be said!

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 10/9/07 22:50, in article ,
"John
Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
Do you realise that Rita F ia an anagram of "I R Fat"? Has that got
anything to do with it?

I Fart, too...

You probably do, Pies, but we didn't need to know that (lol).

John

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received
gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha

Hi Sacha,

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure what
that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply to, add
my comments and click on "Reply Group".

What am I doing wrong? If you can tell me, I'll be pleased to stop! I said I
was new to newsgroups and I was serious! I honestly have no idea what you
mean.

Actually, I think I see. I've just had a look at the newsgroups that this
Pies belongs to and, I suppose, when I click on "Reply Group" a copy goes to
all of those groups, which is, obviously, not what I want. I also suppose I
should select from that list the one I want to post to before I send it.
Yes, that would make sense but let me know if I'm right, Sacha.!

Sorry. if that's the problem, and if I've upset anyone, I honestly didn't
know I was doing it.

Best regards,

John

Gloria 11-09-2007 11:07 PM

This needs to be said!

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:56:56 GMT, "John Vanini"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 10/9/07 22:50, in article ,
"John
Vanini" wrote:

"Pies" wrote in message
John Vanini wrote:
[...]

Never give in to oppression, especially from SS sows.

Bob Hobden 11-09-2007 11:14 PM

This needs to be said!

"John Vanini" wrote
[...]

New to Usenet, then you need these links...

http://home.freeuk.com/sc.i/mindmanners.htm some amusing netiquette.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette some less amusing rather dry stuff.
http://foldoc.org/?netiquette short and sweet.

If you read those and post by them you will do better than a lot.

And this will certainly come in handy...
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/abbrev.html to help you to understand
the abbreviations iykwim.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

anonym 11-09-2007 11:27 PM

This needs to be said!

wrote:

Actually, I think I see. I've just had a look at the newsgroups that this
Pies belongs to and, I suppose, when I click on "Reply Group" a copy goes
all of those groups, which is, obviously, not what I want.

Oh yes you do! By order of FattyBallatty Barker, Raging Craig Oldfield, and
*NOW* Emma Enemma, well, all your pies belong to us to feed aforesaid
fattest people. (If you choose to fight them for your Pies it is on your own
head, and body, and skin and bones, which Craig anyway will defiantly eat.
Give up your pies and subscribe to demon.local. We will take care of you.)

Best regards,

John

Never give in to oppression, especially from SS sows.

IAWTP.

Zach 12-09-2007 04:43 AM

Listen up people! *NO* crossposting to uk.rec.gardening!

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:53:39 +0100
?
Kissed my ass and whined:

wrote:

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha says that crossposting to uk.rec.gardening is not allowed, and
that she'll instruct everyone there to killfile you if you do.

Now, has she made herself perfectly clear?

uk.rec.gardening's psot count is about to rise drastically.

Sacha may shove a splinty dilldoo up her yeast hole.

Giddeup :)

John Vanini 12-09-2007 07:52 AM

This needs to be said!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Bob!

Best regards

John

@@^> 12-09-2007 08:27 AM

wrote:

Come on, John, please cut out the cross-posting. You've received gardening
help and advice here so please don't spoil this group for yourself and
everyone else. You will rapidly go into kill files if you continue.

Sacha says that crossposting to uk.rec.gardening is not allowed, and
that she'll instruct everyone there to killfile you if you do.

Now, has she made herself perfectly clear?

uk.rec.gardening's psot count is about to rise drastically.

Sacha may shove a splinty dilldoo up her yeast hole.

Giddeup :)

One must always try to help it in it's trolling. BTW I think it is a
male of the species, despite the name.

Sally Thompson 12-09-2007 08:58 AM

This needs to be said!

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:56:56 +0100, John Vanini wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

John, please cut out the cross-posting.

I'm sorry, Sacha, but how is it I am cross-posting (I'm not even sure what
that means!)? I choose the post that I've received and want to reply to, add
my comments and click on "Reply Group".

snip
I think you've already worked it out for yourself, John, in the bits I've
snipped, but just to confirm, although I don't particularly remember how
Outlook Express works, when you reply to these rubbish posts just check the
list of groups, and delete all except urg - or whichever group you think
you're ing. We all slip up occasionally if we are careless or too quick in
our reply and forget just to look {looks hastily to check], but it is one of
the signs of trouble that people with nothing better to do and a very limited
vocabulary think it is fun to flood usenet with some kind of rubbish.
Googling for Hipcrime can be educational.

However, it is better for all of us if no-one replies. We've had this sort
of flood before, and if you ignore the children they do eventually go away
(presumably back to school or whatever).

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

Uncle Marvo 12-09-2007 10:47 AM

This needs to be said!

, I, Marvo, say :

I like your posts, John. They make me laugh a lot.

Carry on, regardless.

But if you're responding to a troll, snip the rude bits.