Old 14-09-2007, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default stealing from Garden Centres

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I am very fond of Fuchsias and earlier this week I was wandering and
looking at fuchsias in my local garden center, I found several that I
liked,. Fuchsias are so easy to propagate I wondered how many people do
snip bits off and take them home ? If anyone from Coinros just outside
Lydney Glos.- well worth a visit if you are in the area - is reading this,
no, I didn't steal any bits I am coming back to buy the plants as soon as I
can :-)

kate

i once stole 100 lawn mowers from a b&q store.. they were all outside in
boxes behind fencing... just asking to be walked

Old 14-09-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 14, 5:17 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:15:44 GMT, "Jeremy Watts" wrote:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I am very fond of Fuchsias and earlier this week I was wandering and
looking at fuchsias in my local garden center, I found several that I
liked,. Fuchsias are so easy to propagate I wondered how many people do
snip bits off and take them home ? If anyone from Coinros just outside
Lydney Glos.- well worth a visit if you are in the area - is reading this,
no, I didn't steal any bits I am coming back to buy the plants as soon as I
can :-)

kate

i once stole 100 lawn mowers from a b&q store.. they were all outside in
boxes behind fencing... just asking to be walked

Lawn Mower Man?
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure it was you Martin, I was waiting for you and I caught just a
glance of you walking off with a few lawn mowers, did you keep me one?

Judith

Old 14-09-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 14, 5:53 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:33:37 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 14, 5:17 pm, Martin wrote:
[...]

It wasn't me, we don't have B&Qs in these parts.
Are you sure it wasn't Ophelia?
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Nah, I'm sure I recognised your handsome face.

Judith

Old 14-09-2007, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 14, 6:45 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:43:12 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 14, 5:17 pm, Martin wrote:
[...]

That sounds more like the Helen moon.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Who????

Judith

Old 15-09-2007, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 Sep, 16:29, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from contains these words:
I would from a garden centre and I have never took from
one. I wouldn't from a botanic garden or a park, and I
have done it many times

Erm?

I wouldn't from a garden centre and I have never done it, I would from
a botanic garden or park and I have done it looks down

Am I missing something here, or have my powers of comprehension
totally abandoned me?

LOL!! No. You're ok - it's me. This is my 3rd week having quit smoking
and I'm not doing too well. I'm trying to carry on - tis hard Anne,
really hard... deep sigh

Not as hard as not giving up, I had a mate who I used to beg to stop
smoking, his excuse for not stopping was that the nicotine in the blood
demanded more nicotine, but when he was about 45 his health was so bad he
was taken into hospital where a man in a white coat told him if he didn't
stop he would be dead in a very short time, suddnly he found it very easy to
give up, but too late, he died within a few more years.

Old 15-09-2007, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from contains these words:
On 12 Sep, 16:29, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from contains these words:
I would from a garden centre and I have never took from
one. I wouldn't from a botanic garden or a park, and I
have done it many times

Erm?

I wouldn't from a garden centre and I have never done it, I would from
a botanic garden or park and I have done it looks down

Am I missing something here, or have my powers of comprehension
totally abandoned me?

LOL!! No. You're ok - it's me. This is my 3rd week having quit smoking
and I'm not doing too well. I'm trying to carry on - tis hard Anne,
really hard... deep sigh Also I wanted to say that I am sorry for
the recent crap recently, especially thrown at you by some stranger.
You didn't deserve it at all and it's best ignored.

That's exactly what I've been doing, Helene. Ignoring idiots usually
comes easily to me... ;-)

So that's why you don't respond to my posts!(:-)

Well done with the stopping smoking, it's not easy. I may give it
another go, myself, one of these days... G It's frightening to
think of how much money I've sent 'up in smoke' in 50+ years... 8-(

It's not the cost you should be worrying about, it's the effect on your
health!

So there!

Old 15-09-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

LOL!! No. You're ok - it's me. This is my 3rd week having quit smoking
and I'm not doing too well. I'm trying to carry on

I quit over ten years ago at the same time as the Mrs. Not had a smoke
since and certainly no desire to do so.
I'd given up several times for varying durations prior to the successful
giving up. The key to success seemed to be one of mental attitude. The
first few failed times there was an attitude of "I'm trying to give up
smoking" - which just seems to cause internal strife. The successful
attitude was "I don't smoke". and "I'm a none smoker". If you take that
attitude you've already won. Never torment yourself saying "I'd love a
smoke" - if you do it's be thin end of the giving up wedge. Just move on.
It gets easier. Eventually you'll regard cigarettes as objects of
contempt.

I found it very easy to give up smoking, it was immediately after I had my
first one in the gods at the Chiswick Empire, it was so disgusting I never
ever went anywhere near another!

Old 15-09-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ps.com...
On 13 Sep, 15:06, Martin wrote:
The concept of somebody, who is terrified of "chemicals" in food, smoking
overwhelms me.

As much I as do have problems with artificial chemicals in general, my
main worry is the use of chemicals in small back gardens by naive and
ridiculous people. However what has most overwhelmed me was the
realisation of somebody I thought I knew but who turned out to be a
****.

I didn't know we had met!(:-)

Old 15-09-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "
contains these words:
On Sep 13, 5:48 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "
contains these words:
On Sep 13, 5:07 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
Many years ago, when I put an advert in the 'personal column'
of our local paper for 'a tall, dark, handsome millionaire'
(I kid you not!) I _did_ stipulate that 'sanctimonious
non-smokers need not reply'. That's how I met Bill! G
You didn't!!!!!!!!!:-))))))))))

I DID! BG

No wonder you have TWO businesses!!!, greedy girl

Yeah, but *I* was the one who bought them, nothing at all
to do with Bill!

So you didn't use his money then?

Old 16-09-2007, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 16, 5:35 am, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "
contains these words:
On Sep 13, 5:48 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "
contains these words:
On Sep 13, 5:07 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
Many years ago, when I put an advert in the 'personal column'
of our local paper for 'a tall, dark, handsome millionaire'
(I kid you not!) I _did_ stipulate that 'sanctimonious
non-smokers need not reply'. That's how I met Bill! G
You didn't!!!!!!!!!:-))))))))))

I DID! BG

No wonder you have TWO businesses!!!, greedy girl

Yeah, but *I* was the one who bought them, nothing at all
to do with Bill!

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long- Hide quoted text -

Go Girl!!

Judith

Old 16-09-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

Old 16-09-2007, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Judith

Old 16-09-2007, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I'll believe you, but then I'm easily fooled!

Old 16-09-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 16, 3:03 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:59:46 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

.. .

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Brace yourself for begging letters from groveling men.
--

Martin

I haven't had any yet))

Judith

Old 16-09-2007, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 16, 3:28 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:21:04 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

.. .

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Brace yourself for begging letters from groveling men.

I haven't had any yet))

:O)

The toy boys are fully booked at weekends wait until Monday, when they are short
of cash and have time to write Nigerian letters.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I'm afraid I'm not into toyboys Martin - they should save their
stamps

Judith