Old 16-09-2007, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default stealing from Garden Centres

On Sep 16, 4:24 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:41:24 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 16, 3:28 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:21:04 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 16, 3:03 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:59:46 -0000, "

wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

.. .

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Brace yourself for begging letters from groveling men.
I haven't had any yet))

:O)

The toy boys are fully booked at weekends wait until Monday, when they are short
of cash and have time to write Nigerian letters.

I'm afraid I'm not into toyboys Martin - they should save their
stamps

Stamps? Do you think they use stamps to send you begging e-male(TM) letters from
Port Harcourt?
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I dunno! But we had better be careful Martin otherwise someone might
get upset VBG

Judith

Old 16-09-2007, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these
words:

No wonder you have TWO businesses!!!, greedy girl

Yeah, but *I* was the one who bought them, nothing at all
to do with Bill!

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

I'll believe you, but then I'm easily fooled!

How patronising! Why would you find it difficult to believe
that a woman who has worked all her life would have her own
money?

That's the way the world is now, so you'd better get used to the idea...

Please, please do not let this happen, otherwise men will be of no use at
all!

Old 16-09-2007, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Brace yourself for begging letters from groveling men.

I'm about to send one!

Old 16-09-2007, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:42 pm, "graham" wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

.. .

So you didn't use his money then?

Of course not! What an old-fashioned idea!!

To you perhaps, Anne! I can assure you, it's alive and kicking!
Graham

I'm with Anne, I am an independent woman too:-))

Brace yourself for begging letters from groveling men.
I haven't had any yet))

:O)

The toy boys are fully booked at weekends wait until Monday, when they
are short
of cash and have time to write Nigerian letters.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I'm afraid I'm not into toyboys Martin - they should save their
stamps

So, as I'm not a toyboy I'm in for a chance!(:-)

Old 17-09-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Jackson wrote:

The number of bankruptcy cases filed by publicans is going to be
mind-blowing... so, somebody somewhere is going to pay.

Is it? Really? That's what they said in Ireland. I believe that over there
pubs have opened, rather than closed.

Old 17-09-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

Anne Jackson wrote:

The number of bankruptcy cases filed by publicans is going to be
mind-blowing... so, somebody somewhere is going to pay.

Is it? Really? That's what they said in Ireland. I believe that over
there pubs have opened, rather than closed.

Yes, it is, really. The pubs that are doing OK are the big town ones, the
village ones are going to the wall, as they are over here.

Bizarrely, my local, which has chucked its customers outside because most
of them are smokers, have not had the interior filled up by non-smoking
drinkers, like the nsd's said they would do in the fictitious polls
commissioned by the powers-that-be in the run up to the only law I believe
that has ever been passed in this country based solely on an opinion poll.

And all that is fact.

I think most of the country based ones are going to the wall due to the
drink-drive laws. Gone are the days when people thought it socially
acceptable to drive to such pubs, have a few drinks then drive home. This
narrows the clientele down to those who get taxi's or have a none-drinking
member of their party.

The steep price of drinks doesn't help pub trade either, except for the
single 18 to 25 years olds with little or no financial responsibilities and
lots of spare cash.

Undoubtedly heavy smokers will be less likely to go to the pub if they have
to go outside into the elements to indulge their addiction. My guess is that
over time none-smokers will start to consider pubs as a potential night out
again. Smoke filled pubs have certainly cut our custom down over the years
as it has other members of our family. We found pubs ok early in the
evening, but as they start to fill up with smokers the smog becomes
unbearable, so we tended to leave early and head off to the Chinese.

As time passes I expect we and other none-smokers will start to drift back
to clean air pubs / restaurants as a possible night out, but this takes
time. More pubs will probably have gone to the wall by then.

David.

Old 17-09-2007, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

As time passes I expect we and other none-smokers will start to drift back
to clean air pubs / restaurants as a possible night out, but this takes
time. More pubs will probably have gone to the wall by then.

David.

I have joined 2 clubs and invited to join a 3rd since the smoking ban has
been in place :-))

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 17-09-2007, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

As time passes I expect we and other none-smokers will start to drift
back to clean air pubs / restaurants as a possible night out, but this
takes time. More pubs will probably have gone to the wall by then.

David.

I have joined 2 clubs and invited to join a 3rd since the smoking ban has
been in place :-))

But why would you want to join any club that would have you as a member?{:-)
Graham