Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default When is the latest you can pull rhubarb?

Well?

Old 12-09-2007, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well?

Not sure there is a "latest". Pull some up and try it. We pulled some up
late last year and some stems had started to get a bit hollow and tough and
others were ok. You will know when you try slicing them. The other issue I
think is that Oxalic acid supposedly builds up later in the season, but I
doubt it is enough to be harmful - unless you eat the leaves of course :-)

David.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:38:04 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well?

Not sure there is a "latest". Pull some up and try it. We pulled some up
late last year and some stems had started to get a bit hollow and tough and
others were ok. You will know when you try slicing them. The other issue I
think is that Oxalic acid supposedly builds up later in the season, but I
doubt it is enough to be harmful - unless you eat the leaves of course :-)

David.

I think you qualify for a:-

*PLONK*

Old 12-09-2007, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:41:26 +0100, Gill Matthews Try the
wrote:

In article ,

says...

Well?

Its a bit stringy by now, but if you have some nice stalks you can keep on
pulling them until you dont. Obviously you should not completly strip any one
crown but leaving 3 or 4 sticks on each one should be enough

Gill M

You don't know what you're talking about so:-

*PLONK*

Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Alan Holmes writes

snip

Note that this is not the same Alan Holmes who asked the original
question.
--
Kay
Old 12-09-2007, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:41:47 +0100, K wrote:

Alan Holmes writes

snip

snip

That's you in my killfile:-

*PLONK*
Old 13-09-2007, 03:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

K wrote:

Alan Holmes writes

snip

Note that this is not the same Alan Holmes who asked the original
question.

Sorry, but you're wrong. It's Alan trolling using different accounts.

*Please* stop feeding him!
Old 13-09-2007, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,demon.local

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:28:20 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

Well?

I suppose it depends what club you're in, but I've pulled many a
turnip after closing time.

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”

****************

Old 13-09-2007, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well?

No later than about 7.45pm. Bit too dark after that.

mark

Old 14-09-2007, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Well?

No later than about 7.45pm. Bit too dark after that.

I could use a torch!

mark