GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cherry Tree Problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164804-cherry-tree-problems.html)

RogerKay 13-09-2007 06:39 PM

Cherry Tree Problems

Hi
We have inherited a Cherry Tree with a house bought in Andalucia, Spain.

In the 5 years we have been here it has deteriated from producing some fruit to none at all. Flowers beautifully in early May, fruit sets but falls off, sort og brownish, when very small.

Help please. It has been suggested that a winter spray of Jeyes Fluid may kill off the cause if this is insects overwintering. Advice as to how to do this or other possible cures greatly appeciated.

Many thanks

Roger

R[_4_] 15-09-2007 06:47 AM

Cherry Tree Problems

"RogerKay" wrote in message

Hi
We have inherited a Cherry Tree with a house bought in Andalucia,
Spain.

In the 5 years we have been here it has deteriated from producing some
fruit to none at all. Flowers beautifully in early May, fruit sets but
falls off, sort og brownish, when very small.

Help please. It has been suggested that a winter spray of Jeyes Fluid
may kill off the cause if this is insects overwintering. Advice as to
how to do this or other possible cures greatly appeciated.

Have a look at
http://www.treehelp.com/trees/cherry/iandd.asp