Old 13-09-2007, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snails and more snails

I've never seen so many snails in my life. Went to the seaside today and all
the metal "electric-fence" posts in a nearby field were covered in snails.
There must have been thousands of them.

They don't look like typical garden snails though. These are a bit smaller.
I suppose if they were any larger the French would have scoffed them all!
Instant kebabs!

Photo:

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/images/Hpim5766a.jpg

David.

Old 13-09-2007, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
I've never seen so many snails in my life. Went to the seaside today and
all
the metal "electric-fence" posts in a nearby field were covered in snails.
There must have been thousands of them.

They don't look like typical garden snails though. These are a bit
smaller.
I suppose if they were any larger the French would have scoffed them all!
Instant kebabs!

Photo:

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/images/Hpim5766a.jpg

David.

LOL! Super picture, David. With my bantams were there!

Mary

Old 13-09-2007, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:59:59 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

I've never seen so many snails in my life. Went to the seaside today and all
the metal "electric-fence" posts in a nearby field were covered in snails.
There must have been thousands of them.

They must be a metal eating species. Sort of Robo-Snails.

Steve

Old 13-09-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi..

David (Normandy) wrote..:

I've never seen so many snails in my life.

Teh big brown houseless (slugs) are the real prob of
2007.. ;-(

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/images/Hpim5766a.jpg

Warning! No kidding! I'm afraid their brains might be
remote-controlled by parasites forcing them to wait there
for snail eating hosts (for example birds) and a higher
stage of developement in(side) the host..
--
cu
Marco
Old 13-09-2007, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I've never seen so many snails in my life. Went to the seaside today and all
the metal "electric-fence" posts in a nearby field were covered in snails.
There must have been thousands of them.

They don't look like typical garden snails though. These are a bit smaller.
I suppose if they were any larger the French would have scoffed them all!
Instant kebabs!

So (and this might be a sick question) do the french eat slugs?

Photo:

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/images/Hpim5766a.jpg

Up the road there are regularly dozens of them when it rains on the
drive and pavement from teeny tiny ones to huge ones.

David.

http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free