GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone using Ryobi Expand-it range? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164904-anyone-using-ryobi-expand-range.html)

CWatters[_2_] 16-09-2007 11:53 AM

Anyone using Ryobi Expand-it range?

I'm thnking of buying the 3020 brush cutter/strimmer and hedge trimmer. I'm
interested to know what you think of the hedge trimmer? What's it like with
the extension in? Does it waggle about in the breeze or is it a sturdy bit
of kit?

zaax 16-09-2007 06:24 PM

Anyone using Ryobi Expand-it range?

CWatters wrote:

Ryobi

It's only a brought trade mark. Rybi seems to be a die casting company.
Use the known makes like BOCSH if you want it to last.

--
zaax

CWatters[_2_] 16-09-2007 07:41 PM

"zaax" wrote in message
CWatters wrote:

Ryobi

It's only a brought trade mark. Rybi seems to be a die casting company.
Use the known makes like BOCSH if you want it to last.

--
zaax

Thanks, I've been looking at Stihl as well but they are 3-4 times the price.

Ed 17-09-2007 02:59 PM

"CWatters" wrote in message
I'm thnking of buying the 3020 brush cutter/strimmer and hedge trimmer.
I'm
interested to know what you think of the hedge trimmer? What's it like
with
the extension in? Does it waggle about in the breeze or is it a sturdy bit
of kit?

I have one, the hedgetrimer is O.K and so is the strimmer mine is 30cc bent
shaft this is about the third season it is not realy man enough for my thorn
and leylandi hedges but does it O.K and so much easier than a hand hedge
trimmer , as it is straight it is not so easy to cut line It is fine for
privet and lonicera hedge. The cylinder head bolts came loose this year, but
seems O.K. now .For the money I thought it was fine . A Stilh to do similar
jobs costs 300 pounds or more