GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Madeira (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164961-madeira.html)

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 18-09-2007 08:59 AM

Madeira

Off there again soon, I was wondering if anyone has been to either Quinta
jardins do Imperador which I think may be at Monte, or Quinta do Arco
Rosarium which I think is at Sao Jorge? Someone was telling us last year
that they had been but I can not find and locations directions in English.
Any other garden suggestions outside of the obvious?

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

K 18-09-2007 12:00 PM

Madeira

Charlie Pridham writes
Off there again soon, I was wondering if anyone has been to either Quinta
jardins do Imperador which I think may be at Monte, or Quinta do Arco
Rosarium which I think is at Sao Jorge? Someone was telling us last year
that they had been but I can not find and locations directions in English.
Any other garden suggestions outside of the obvious?

The madeira tourism site says Quinta do Arco is open daily 11-8, entry 5
euros

Address:
Roseiral da Quinta do Arco
Sítio da Lagoa
9230-018 Arco de São Jorge
Tel.: 291 570270 Fax: 291 570276
Email:
www.quintadoarco.com

Details are on

http://www.madeiraislands.travel/pls.../wsmwhom0.home

Choose the english version, then go to ecotourism and then parks and
gardens.

The other is on 'what to do' 'culture' 'madeiran quintas' - it's a
re-naming of the gardens of Quinta do Monte.
--
Kay

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 18-09-2007 12:18 PM

Madeira

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes
[...]

Many thanks for that Kay