GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Coo. I've caught a troll (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164969-coo-ive-caught-troll.html)

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2007 12:05 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg trolls.
Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and I'll post his
(her?) details as soon as I know.

FYI

Sadly, I suspect that it won't deter the rest of them.

Unc

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2007 02:43 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:05:44 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

FYI

Sadly, I suspect that it won't deter the rest of them.

Unc

Will he/she be subscribing to a million sources of oriental spam?

He/she will be receiving whatever you and anyone else decides he/she
deserves :-)

I mustn't say the @ yet but I will when "they" tell me I can. I suspect
he/she has more than one though.

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2007 03:48 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

Bullshit.

Actually it isn't, and I think you know that, and I think you spotted
his/her mistake, and I think you know who I've caught too.

I think that if you didn't spot any or all of these things you're not as
good, or as anonymous, a troll as you think you are :-)

Also I think you crossposted.

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2007 04:09 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:48:46 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

Bullshit.

Actually it isn't, and I think you know that, and I think you spotted
his/her mistake, and I think you know who I've caught too.

I think that if you didn't spot any or all of these things you're
not as good, or as anonymous, a troll as you think you are :-)

Post proof or STFU!

I mustn't, as you will know. And I don't think you need proof either :-)

Also I think you crossposted.

Good eh?

Good try, I'd say. But not great.

Unusual for a troll - you're English. Most of them hail from the other side
of the pond.

Steve Wolstenholme 18-09-2007 04:27 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg trolls.
Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and I'll post his
(her?) details as soon as I know.

But that's what trolls want. Why don't you just use global filters?

Uncle Marvo 19-09-2007 09:24 AM

Coo. I've caught a troll

in , I, Marvo, say :

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

But that's what trolls want. Why don't you just use global filters?

They don't want to be caught.

They don't bother me. I just thought that catching one would be fun.

Steve Wolstenholme 19-09-2007 10:09 AM

Coo. I've caught a troll

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:24:29 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

in , I, Marvo, say :

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

But that's what trolls want. Why don't you just use global filters?

They don't want to be caught.

Most won't care. In fact, some trolls make no attempt to hide their
identity.

They don't bother me. I just thought that catching one would be fun.

Have you posted the trolls details yet? I don't remember seeing them.

The only person trolling in this group at the moment is you.

Steve

Alan Holmes[_2_] 19-09-2007 06:11 PM

Coo. I've caught a troll

wrote:

Just thought you'd like to know, I've got an ID on one of the urg
trolls. Carelss person. He (she?) will be hearing very soon, and
I'll post his (her?) details as soon as I know.

But that's what trolls want. Why don't you just use global filters?

They don't want to be caught.

Most won't care. In fact, some trolls make no attempt to hide their
identity.

They don't bother me. I just thought that catching one would be fun.

Have you posted the trolls details yet? I don't remember seeing them.

The only person trolling in this group at the moment is you.

But at least he hsan't crossposted it to dozens of other unrelated groups.