Old 18-09-2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default NGS Gardens

Are you aware of the current series on BBC2 at 3.30pm on NGS gardens
with carol Klein. I believe it's for 30 weeks and started on the 2nd
September?

They re lovely little programmes showing a wide range of gardens, a bit
contrived perhaps but you get to see some different gardeners For
once...

Just in case anyone missed it. They hardly advertised the programmes at
all as far as I know. Seems a shame because the powers that be can then
argue that the series doesn't get the interest of more banal stuff.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 18-09-2007, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

* Janet Tweedy wrote, On 18/09/2007 12:58:
Are you aware of the current series on BBC2 at 3.30pm on NGS gardens
with carol Klein. I believe it's for 30 weeks and started on the 2nd
September?

Yes, I'm enjoying them very much. I came across them largely by
chance, I certainly hadn't heard anything about it in advance and find
them perfect afternoon viewing.

--
Cheers, Serena
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks
Old 18-09-2007, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Sep, 13:38, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:
Yes, I'm enjoying them very much. I came across them largely by
chance, I certainly hadn't heard anything about it in advance and find
them perfect afternoon viewing.

Shame I can't see these. How did your eucalyptus took since you've
pruned it? Is it going straight?

Old 19-09-2007, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19 Sep, 11:36, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:
It's getting there but its still a bit floppy. With a bit of luck, if
the Leycesterias, which are flanking it, get cut back hard fairly
early next spring, it should be up and above them before they get a
chance to catch up! It's not too far off their height at the moment.

Excellent! As with everything we must be patient. I'd have thought
that the Leycesterias would just disappear in winter and therefore
wouldn't need to be cut back next spring. I have forgotten where you
live!?