GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dahlia/Delphinium supporting suggestions anyone? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164972-dahlia-delphinium-supporting-suggestions-anyone.html)

Winsford 18-09-2007 08:48 PM

Dahlia/Delphinium supporting suggestions anyone?

I have some whopping great yellow dahlias which are the size of dinner plates that have bent over with a combination of their own weight and last night's rain. Aside from the usual 'variations of a stick' I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions that could be used in future? Another difficulty is that many of my Dahlias are dotted amongst other herbaceous plants which do help to support/shield these exotic-looking summer blooms. Also does anyone know what the innovative Victorian gardeners used to do in similar circumstances?

Same questions for delphiniums.