Old 19-09-2007, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The best thing .........

After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Hi Bob

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Mike

Old 20-09-2007, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

By the way the veranda was very easy to build on a DIY basis and if
anyone wants to do one at their house, drop me an email with
dimensions and I will tell you what you need and how to go about it.

I'm interested in the roof of it. I have built a pergatory[1], which at
the moment is roofless because I haven't quite made the decision. It is
triangular with very stout poles which would support a decent-sized ship,
let alone a roof.

I am torn between plastic (sheeting), sail material, and canvas. I have
seen all three. Any other ideas welcome. I would like it to be reasonably
easily removeable for cleaning after the winter, and possibly storeable in
the summer as it's nice to have no roof, like it is now.

[1] a cross between a pergola and a conservatory. More pergola. Ideas
mainly gleaned from structures at the Hampton Court exhibition earlier,
plus some advice from groundworkers, artists and gardeners. And publicans.

I would suggest cheap beach mats.
You can tie them on for the summer and they give shade and some shelter.
You could line with plastic sheeting first if you want it to be waterproof.
Take em down in winter.
Once the vines get going you won't need a roof :~))

(
http://www.heritage-homeandgarden.co...products_id=85)

Or something a bit more sturdy

http://www.thatch.co.uk/trolleyed/5/index.htm

http://tinyurl.com/3x5y9c

HTH Jenny

Old 20-09-2007, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

[...]

Thanks for those Jenny. Some good ideas there, worth pursuing.

I'll let on what I decided when I've decided.

Old 20-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike' View Post
...... thing you did within the garden?
The best thing I did was to restore several teak-built Victorian greenhouses

Next came the Greek-styled pergola - just click on thumbnails for larger images. More features in the left nav bar.
http://www.winsfordwalledgarden.com/...t&Page=pergola
__________________
www.winsfordwalledgarden.com
Large garden-based website. Gardens open daily (April-October). New Gardening forums
Old 20-09-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Hi Bob

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Mike

Well done - the idea of a Drover owner working in the dry/warm is, well, an
oxymoron!

Mary

Old 20-09-2007, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote ...
After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Yes I noticed the Lightweight (Air Portable) hybrid in a previous photo of
yours. Wouldn't be any good as an allotment shed for us tools would be too
easy to pinch. :-)
When I pluck up enough enthusiasm I'm about to change the timing chain and
pensioners etc in the street.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 20-09-2007, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Muddymike" wrote ...
After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Yes I noticed the Lightweight (Air Portable) hybrid in a previous photo of
yours. Wouldn't be any good as an allotment shed for us tools would be too
easy to pinch. :-)
When I pluck up enough enthusiasm I'm about to change the timing chain and
pensioners etc in the street.

Of course that should be "Tensioners"...bloody spellcheckers.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 20-09-2007, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:01:32 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Muddymike" wrote ...
After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Yes I noticed the Lightweight (Air Portable) hybrid in a previous photo of
yours. Wouldn't be any good as an allotment shed for us tools would be too
easy to pinch. :-)
When I pluck up enough enthusiasm I'm about to change the timing chain and
pensioners etc in the street.

I've got to a do an engine and gearbox swap on a 101 Ambi in the
street, including soem welding as I'm making it an auto!!
--
"For those who are missing Blair - aim more
carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper www.simoni.co.uk
200TDi Disco with rotten floor
200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader"
1976 S3 Lightweight
Old 20-09-2007, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote ...
After
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10446?sort=5

I have now treated the garage doors to match the new timber and added
gutters.

Very nice, am I jealous, you bet, but I'd need the doors a bit taller to
get the 90 (Defender) in there so I could work on it in the dry/warm....

Nahh a real Land Rover man does not need to fit the vehicle into the
workshop, I built this;
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10090?sort=5
in the garden.

Yes I noticed the Lightweight (Air Portable) hybrid in a previous photo of
yours. Wouldn't be any good as an allotment shed for us tools would be too
easy to pinch. :-)
When I pluck up enough enthusiasm I'm about to change the timing chain and
pensioners etc in the street.

As you may have worked out, my hybrid is my other hobby, I trial it most
months.

Mike

Old 21-09-2007, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

When I pluck up enough enthusiasm I'm about to change the timing chain
and pensioners etc in the street.

Of course that should be "Tensioners"...bloody spellcheckers.

Awww :-( I thought you might be letting out.

Mary

Old 21-09-2007, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

the
best thing we did was build a veranda across the back of the house over
the patio.

Snap!