GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   filtering crap etc. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/165027-re-filtering-crap-etc.html)

clarissa 20-09-2007 05:23 PM

filtering crap etc.

Hi everyone or at least whoever is reading this - I was given a good method
for filtering unwanted emails and other junk from reaching my outlook
express -
- click on 'message' at the top toolbar
- then click 'block sender'
- then click 'yes' then 'OK'
this seems to filter out any following emails from that particular email
address
Hope this helps anyone who is as tired as I am of nasty and crude emails
Jean

Bob Hobden 20-09-2007 06:15 PM

filtering crap etc.

"clarissa" wrote ...
Hi everyone or at least whoever is reading this - I was given a good
method
for filtering unwanted emails and other junk from reaching my outlook
express -
- click on 'message' at the top toolbar
- then click 'block sender'
- then click 'yes' then 'OK'
this seems to filter out any following emails from that particular email
address
Hope this helps anyone who is as tired as I am of nasty and crude emails
Jean

Yes that will work but you have to realise if these people forge IDs, and
they often do, then you will end up blocking real posters too.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Frank Booth Snr 21-09-2007 02:09 AM

filtering crap etc.

clarissa wrote:
Hi everyone or at least whoever is reading this - I was given a good method
for filtering unwanted emails and other junk from reaching my outlook
express -
- click on 'message' at the top toolbar
- then click 'block sender'
- then click 'yes' then 'OK'
this seems to filter out any following emails from that particular email
address
Hope this helps anyone who is as tired as I am of nasty and crude emails
Jean

That won't work for long. The spammers frequently change their email
addresss or are fake ones anyway. You have to use OE rules and
understand the best methods of blocking them off without blocking
genuine emails which would take yoo long to explain here.