Old 25-09-2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID Please

Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

Old 25-09-2007, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 9:17 am, "Clive in Kent"
wrote:
Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

ehhhh it looks like an out of focus fuchsia.

Des

Old 25-09-2007, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 25, 9:17 am, "Clive in Kent"
wrote:
Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

ehhhh it looks like an out of focus fuchsia.

Des

Thank u Des - I'm aware it MAY be a fuschia. If it is then I was hoping
someone could tell me what variety and name

Clive in Kent

Old 25-09-2007, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

ehhhh it looks like an out of focus fuchsia.

Des

Thank u Des - I'm aware it MAY be a fuschia. If it is then I was hoping
someone could tell me what variety and name

Clive in Kent

Hi Clive: that is hard given the blurry images (phone camera?). To
get a fuchsia expert to tell the variety it would help to see leaves
and flowers in focus closeup. There are half a dozen species of
Fuchsia in common cultivation plus what may be hundreds of cultivars
and despite my smart comments, I do not know any (well I know 2 or 3)
of them. Best of luck in your search

Des

Old 25-09-2007, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Clive in Kent wrote in message ...

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 25-09-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Clive in Kent wrote in message ...

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks Bob - I wondered if it might be but wasn't sure at all.

Does anyone else agree??

Clive in Kent

Old 25-09-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , "Clive in Kent"
says...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks Bob - I wondered if it might be but wasn't sure at all.

Does anyone else agree??

Clive in Kent

It could be if it were really poorly :~)

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 25-09-2007, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 4:21 pm, Charlie Pridham
wrote:
In article , "Clive in Kent"
says...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks Bob - I wondered if it might be but wasn't sure at all.

Does anyone else agree??

Clive in Kent

It could be if it were really poorly :~)

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

And it could easily be it after 7 pints of Bishops Nostrils or
whatever the local real ale is.

Des

Old 25-09-2007, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 25 Sep, 16:42, Des Higgins wrote:
On Sep 25, 4:21 pm, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article , "Clive in Kent"
says...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks Bob - I wondered if it might be but wasn't sure at all.

Does anyone else agree??

Clive in Kent

It could be if it were really poorly :~)

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

And it could easily be it after 7 pints of Bishops Nostrils or
whatever the local real ale is.

Des

I think you will find it is Fuchsia microphylla or Fuchsia thymifolia
one of the close relatives
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...h+Images&gbv=2

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 25-09-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 8:34 pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I think you will find it is Fuchsia microphylla or Fuchsia thymifolia
one of the close relativeshttp://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q...

I agree it looks like it. But I found something else (or this sweet
1998 Bannyuls Grand Crue is giving me hallucinations ...) is that a
cat's tail in the pot behind it on the first picture?

Old 25-09-2007, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
Des Higgins wrote:
Charlie Pridham wrote:
"Clive in Kent"
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Looks like Escallonia rubra "macrantha".

Thanks Bob - I wondered if it might be but wasn't sure at all.

Does anyone else agree??

It could be if it were really poorly :~)

And it could easily be it after 7 pints of Bishops Nostrils or
whatever the local real ale is.

I think you will find it is Fuchsia microphylla or Fuchsia thymifolia
one of the close relatives
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...h+Images&gbv=2

Or even a more common plant .. Fuchsia Lottie Hobby.
I knew I'd seen something similar.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-09-2007, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 10:17 am, "Clive in Kent"
wrote:
Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

Sorry
I think I posted my reply through Reply to author I hope it wasn't a
rude intrusion into your private email Clive. I'm not an internet buff
and make these mistakes now and again. So I will correct myself now.

I think it is an Halleria elliptica, the wild fushia. I'm pretty sure
you will find it is an Halleria but not 100 per cent sure it is an
elliptica. It is native to the south-western cape, South Africa.

Old 26-09-2007, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 25, 8:34 pm, Dave Hill wrote:
I think you will find it is Fuchsia microphylla or Fuchsia thymifolia
one of the close
relativeshttp://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q...

I agree it looks like it. But I found something else (or this sweet
1998 Bannyuls Grand Crue is giving me hallucinations ...) is that a
cat's tail in the pot behind it on the first picture?

No Helene its not a cats tail. No feline would survive long in my garden!!
It's a spent flowerhead of a lovely clematis, whose name escapes me (until I
get home tonight and study the label), which has delightful bell shaped
yellow flowers, growing up the obelisk behind the pots.

Clive in Kent

Old 26-09-2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks everyone for your help & suggestions.
Having studied the pics I think I'll run with Dave Hill's suggestions of
Fuschia microphylla or thymifolia.

Clive in Kent

Old 26-09-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article . com, Des
Higgins writes
On Sep 25, 9:17 am, "Clive in Kent"
wrote:
Hi again,

Took some new pics . Please can someone help ID this plant please:

http://tinyurl.com/37rfrf

TIA

--
Clive in Kent

ehhhh it looks like an out of focus fuchsia.

Des

Possibly fuchsia microphylla or neapolitianum? Lovely plant, very hardy
in my garden and well behaved .Flowers in winter here.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph