Old 26-09-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default flowers in May

May have to do a reception for son and new wife after they come back to
UK at end of April beginning of May.

If it's in the afternoon, the guests will see the garden though if it's
too cold they won't all go out to see it close up hopefully!

What can I fill gaps with that will be in flower in the garden at that
time do you think? Not keen on orange or gold/yellow, but can put some
shrubs, perennials in if they would be in flower.

In Bucks, not high up but not very sheltered garden.

Might be too early for a rose in a container on the patio do you think?
Which tulips might be in bloom then?

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 26-09-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
May have to do a reception for son and new wife after they come back

UK at end of April beginning of May.

If it's in the afternoon, the guests will see the garden though if

it's
too cold they won't all go out to see it close up hopefully!

What can I fill gaps with that will be in flower in the garden at that
time do you think? Not keen on orange or gold/yellow, but can put some
shrubs, perennials in if they would be in flower.

In Bucks, not high up but not very sheltered garden.

Might be too early for a rose in a container on the patio do you

think?
Which tulips might be in bloom then?

Janet

--