Old 05-10-2007, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 4, 8:38 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Cat(h)" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 4, 3:56 pm, David in Normandy wrote:
In article , R.A.Omond says...

Hey, and one of us (i.e. one of me :-) is still a current
VMS consultant !

VMS - when downtime is not an option.

If you need any job control language writing I'm your man! It's been a
good few years but I'm sure the VMS grey cells are still there under
the
dust :-)
Getting way off topic now, but I once wrote a very large JCL program
monitor and regulate the system, run various jobs, backups, reports
etc.
I even gave it it's own username space to run in "Marvin". It would
monitor and log off idle users and send messages to appropriate people
saying printers had run out of paper etc. It got quite chatty with one
user one day and they phoned up the I.T. dept asking to speak to
Marvin
:-)

... the Paranoid Android?

You're showing your age.

:-) I'm not denying the age, but I've discovered the Hitchhiker only
about a year ago, when the new fillum (as they say here in Ireland)
came to the big screen. It wasn't part of my youth's pop culture, as
it took place away from the British Isles.
I've read the books since, and enjoyed them - though less than Terry
Pratchet's - but that's even further off topic than we've ventured so
far.

So I could be, really, really, really young... at heart... really...
honest.

Cat(h)

""It's not about age, .......... it's about attitude""

Mike
Who is in his mid 30's :-))

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote
Also, it at least used to be the case that some "leading" web design
software was designed to produce bad web pages - early versions of MS
FrontPage were notorious.
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Don't remind me - I have to work with FrontPage at work :~(((((
Jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote
I'd love it if she could design me a hoe that weeds in a permanent
fashion. Her fortune would be made.
Cat(h)

Ah ha - now that's an idea. An electric hoe like those electric grass
mowers....one that has a camera and a whole database of which plants are
weeds and which ones are plant seedlings just emerging :~)
Jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote
I agree. I'm old so my website is staid with no flash or sound or cartoons
or pictures or spelling mistakes - and it's kept up to date. It does its
job but I'd like to have the skill to make one as appealing as hers.
Mary

www. ?????
Come on don't be shy!
Jenny (www.ljconline.nl)

Old 06-10-2007, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
Anyone else actually sent an idea?

The only one I've seen is for an eclectic hoe......
jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Cat(h)" wrote
I'd love it if she could design me a hoe that weeds in a permanent
fashion. Her fortune would be made.
Cat(h)

Ah ha - now that's an idea. An electric hoe like those electric grass
mowers....one that has a camera and a whole database of which plants are
weeds and which ones are plant seedlings just emerging :~)
Jenny

And adding to pollution ...

Mary

Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"designmea" wrote in message

... and
maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of
time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

I use Dreamweaver, it's expensive but very easy - no need for codes (here
the IT purists will find objections but why make things more difficult than
they can be?)

Mary

Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
oups.com...

I wonder if the laser technology for unwanted hair removal could be
adapted...

It doesn't work.

Laser hair removal?

Yes. Believe me, I spent a lot of money on it.

Oh, good. I'll keep going with the old razor
then ;-)

I still use tweezers, don't like 5 o-clock shadow :-)

Mary

Old 06-10-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote
I agree. I'm old so my website is staid with no flash or sound or
cartoons or pictures or spelling mistakes - and it's kept up to date. It
does its job but I'd like to have the skill to make one as appealing as
hers.
Mary

www. ?????
Come on don't be shy!
Jenny (www.ljconline.nl)

Not a matter of shyness, it's just not gardening related or initeresting to
anyone who's not interested :-)
Mary
www.candlemaker.org.uk

Old 06-10-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ups.com...

So I could be, really, really, really young... at heart... really...
honest.

That's how I see you :-)

Mary

Old 06-10-2007, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"designmea" wrote
... and
maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of
time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

I use Dreamweaver, it's expensive but very easy - no need for codes (here
the IT purists will find objections but why make things more difficult
than they can be?)
Mary

Totally agree with you there Mary :~)) Give me a WYSIWYG program anytime
And you can tweak the HTML afterwards if you so desire.........
Jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote
I agree. I'm old so my website is staid with no flash or sound or
cartoons or pictures or spelling mistakes - and it's kept up to date. It
does its job but I'd like to have the skill to make one as appealing as
hers.
Mary

www. ?????
Come on don't be shy!
Jenny (www.ljconline.nl)

Not a matter of shyness, it's just not gardening related or initeresting
to anyone who's not interested :-)
Mary
www.candlemaker.org.uk

Looks interesting to me :~)
Would be even better with pictures of the items........ I'm curious about
the 'ear scoops' !!!!!!!!
Jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
It wouldn't be the first time that I have felt a deep desire for a
few minutes alone with a course supervisor, in a dark alley, with me
carrying my industrial strength cluestick.
Regards, Nick Maclaren.

You might want to use it on this one as well Nick :~)))))
http://nobodyhere.com/

Jenny "~)

Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote
"Cat(h)" wrote

So I could be, really, really, really young... at heart... really...
honest.
Cat(h)

""It's not about age, .......... it's about attitude""
Mike

Who is in his mid 30's :-))

IRT as altitude !
Not good for me as I live 5mts below sea level !
Jenny