GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cleaning Greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/165868-cleaning-greenhouse.html)

janetsmith 15-10-2007 09:47 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

Just wondered what people use for cleaning greenhouses at the end of
the season - any tips?

Sacha 15-10-2007 10:42 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

On 15/10/07 21:47, in article ,
"janetsmith" wrote:

Just wondered what people use for cleaning greenhouses at the end of
the season - any tips?

Ladder and power washer here.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

janetsmith 15-10-2007 10:43 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:42:50 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/10/07 21:47, in article ,
"janetsmith" wrote:

Just wondered what people use for cleaning greenhouses at the end of
the season - any tips?

Ladder and power washer here.

Do you use Jeys fluid or the like at all?

Sacha 15-10-2007 11:02 PM

Cleaning Greenhouse

On 15/10/07 22:43, in article ,
"janetsmith" wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:42:50 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/10/07 21:47, in article
,
"janetsmith" wrote:

Just wondered what people use for cleaning greenhouses at the end of
the season - any tips?

Ladder and power washer here.

Do you use Jeys fluid or the like at all?

No, because our greenhouses always have plants in them at all times of year.
We can't risk anything harmful dripping on to them.
A few years ago, my stepson tried some kind of special greenhouse herbicide
for moss and found it pretty hopeless. He's just spent the best part of a
couple of weeks using only the power washer.

Scotkat 16-10-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha (Post 754466)
On 15/10/07 22:43, in article ,
"janetsmith"
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:42:50 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/10/07 21:47, in article
,
"janetsmith"
wrote:

Just wondered what people use for cleaning greenhouses at the end of
the season - any tips?

Ladder and power washer here.

Do you use Jeys fluid or the like at all?

No, because our greenhouses always have plants in them at all times of year.
We can't risk anything harmful dripping on to them.
A few years ago, my stepson tried some kind of special greenhouse herbicide
for moss and found it pretty hopeless. He's just spent the best part of a
couple of weeks using only the power washer.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

I have just cleaned my greenhouse with jeyes fluid .

But I emptied mine to do this as got a second greenhouse earlier this year so was able to move plants across to enable me to all to clean my greenhouse.

Still to do a chore now of washing all my pots and trays.

Have to wait as I have hurt my back and beeing careful how I use it for now.

My husband normally does power wash my greenhouses for me.

Scotkat 16-10-2007 09:17 AM

[quote=Scotkat;754488]I have just cleaned my greenhouse with jeyes fluid .

But I emptied mine to do this as got a second greenhouse earlier this year so was able to move plants across to enable me to all to clean my greenhouse.

Still to do a chore now of washing all my pots and trays.

Have to wait as I have hurt my back and beeing careful how I use it for now.

My husband normally does power wash my greenhouses for me but he was at work wehn I decided to clean.

I am sure washing up liquid would be just as good or vinnegar and water good luck anyway Scotkat

Mary Fisher 16-10-2007 10:27 AM

Cleaning Greenhouse

"Scotkat" wrote in message

My husband normally does power wash my greenhouses for me.

I use a steam cleaner.

Mary