GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strimmers with wheels - any opinions please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/166119-strimmers-wheels-any-opinions-please.html)

[email protected] 23-10-2007 04:05 PM

Strimmers with wheels - any opinions please

I have a Bosch Combitrim electric strimmer which has a pair of wheels,
these are brilliant for one of my major uses, strimming under fruit
trees with low branches.

Sadly, after many years of hard use, the Bosch is beginning to show
its age and needs replacing, so I'm looking around to see what's
available.

The possibiliites seem to be:-

Another Bosch - http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=363511
A Wolf - http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=138260
Gardena - http://www.twowests.co.uk/TwoWestsSi...sp?prod=GSAWPS

The Wolf and Gardena both look a bit more robust than the Bosch, and
they use 2mm strimmer line which would be a plus, the Bosch struggles
a bit sometimes with nettles and such.

So, does anyone have any opinions/experience of any of these strimmers
please.

--
Chris Green