Old 26-10-2007, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sacha Hubbard

In article om, Dave
Poole writes
All I can say is that the original morphing of 'La puce' to 'Puke' has
never been better demonstrated than in this last outpouring of vitriol
and bile. The woman's obviously completely deranged. In the 10 years
that I've been on URG no-one has been so completely focused and
persistent in their abuse of others and determination to disrupt.

Dare I say it, but even Mike Crowe seems positively avuncular and
jovial by comparison. At least all he does is stir things up a bit
and go on about 'NG owners', which is relatively harmless with no real
damage done. Puke's infestation of this NG is becoming somewhat
sinister.

It's only a matter of time before the media delves into newsgroups and
forums to bring to the attention of Joe Public the more outrageous
threads and ramblings
Now there's an awful thought ...............
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 26-10-2007, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 25, 5:25 pm, wrote:

Snip.

Yet more vindictive and tiresome crap from a chronic attention seeker
giving rise to no less than 20 posts so far (21 with mine).
The killfile is our collective friend, folks.

Cat(h)

Old 26-10-2007, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 25, 7:02 pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

Have you realy nothing better to do with your time? Its been another
lovely day here!

Agree Charlie - but alas not weatherwise here in Bristol.

Grow up Helene ...

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, the weather here in France is not good today either and I
wanted to get out into the garden

I haven't been commenting on Helene's behaviour and in fact I have
posted very little and content myself reading and trying to learn
something. Hopefully things will now settle down on here and I can
start contributing a little more than I usually do.

My only comment on the matter is that I think Sacha has had a lot of
bashing and, in my opinion, it was totally unfair and unjustified.

Judith

Old 26-10-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message

killfiled as to those misguided souls

^^
do

Fat finger syndrome.

It must be catching!(:-)

Old 26-10-2007, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
The press does look at newsgroups, believe me.

Am I the only none that notices things mentioned here that appear in
Gardeners World a couple of weeks later. Could be a co-incidence but it
happens too often IMO. Not that I watch it much these days, bring back
Percy.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-10-2007, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote
Snip.

Yet more vindictive and tiresome crap from a chronic attention seeker
giving rise to no less than 20 posts so far (21 with mine).
The killfile is our collective friend, folks.

I used to think that and still use it on occasion for the moronic trolls but
some people need watching.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-10-2007, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 26, 5:57 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:57:17 +0100, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Cat(h)" wrote
Snip.

Yet more vindictive and tiresome crap from a chronic attention seeker
giving rise to no less than 20 posts so far (21 with mine).
The killfile is our collective friend, folks.

I used to think that and still use it on occasion for the moronic trolls but
some people need watching.

There'd be less friction here if the emphasis was on ignoring.
--

Martin

Grin I read that as ironing and thought "what does he mean?" :-))

Judith

Old 26-10-2007, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 26, 6:35 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:30:30 -0000, "judith.lea"
wrote:

On Oct 26, 5:57 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:57:17 +0100, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Cat(h)" wrote
Snip.

Yet more vindictive and tiresome crap from a chronic attention seeker
giving rise to no less than 20 posts so far (21 with mine).
The killfile is our collective friend, folks.

I used to think that and still use it on occasion for the moronic trolls but
some people need watching.

There'd be less friction here if the emphasis was on ignoring.
--

Martin

Grin I read that as ironing and thought "what does he mean?" :-))

It's all that doing the dirty washing in public. :-)
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Aah, yes, I understand :-) email me can you as I have lost your email
addy.

Judith

Old 27-10-2007, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/10/07 17:57, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Cat(h)" wrote
Snip.

Yet more vindictive and tiresome crap from a chronic attention seeker
giving rise to no less than 20 posts so far (21 with mine).
The killfile is our collective friend, folks.

I used to think that and still use it on occasion for the moronic trolls but
some people need watching.

Yes. The kill file allows the worst offenders to persist unseen and
unchecked.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-10-2007, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

"Sacha" wrote
The press does look at newsgroups, believe me.

Am I the only none that notices things mentioned here that appear in
Gardeners World a couple of weeks later. Could be a co-incidence but it
happens too often IMO. Not that I watch it much these days, bring back
Percy.

I remember mentioning an unusual horse chestnut once and it appeared in
the Telegraph about three weeks later then in GW about 6 months ago! Me
first, me first ......................
Old 27-10-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BAC" wrote:

OTOH, non-use of the filter facility and continually 'rising to the bait'
only seems to prolong and instensify exchanges of verbal vitriol.

I agree: Trolls need to be fed, and if ignored eventually wither and die.
I always think of the "monster" in "Forbidden Planet."

It's raining pretty seriously in the Northeastern U.S., with our first
freeze predicted tomorrow night. I haven't even had a frost yet on my
hilltop.

Raymond |Hubbard Dave Hill United Kingdom 54 20-08-2009 10:56 PM
Raymond Hubbard (over 6', ex-Para and boxer) Sacha[_2_] United Kingdom 3 17-08-2009 06:13 PM
Sacha Hubbard James P United Kingdom 32 03-03-2009 07:42 PM
Hubbard squashes Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 2 08-04-2003 11:08 PM