Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT. To save confusion

From those who try to 'stir it'.

http://www.seniorsnetwork.co.uk/forces/nsrafa/

Nothing to do with The Royal Air Forces Association whatsoever.

www.nsrafa.org.uk was hit by gremlins and will re-appear during this month.

I actually started the Association after a request and the members took over
and drove it to what it is now. Big and getting bigger. Respected and
receiving more and more respect and recognition.

Very very very sorry to those who wish to stir it up, but I have very little
to do with the running of the Association, I am just the figurehead as
President and do all I can to promote the Association :-)) such as meet,
greet and host the Mayor of Eastbourne at our Gala Dinner last weekend, just
as I did the Mayor of Blackpool at our last Gala dinner. I was invited,
again as President, to the opening of the Cold War Museum at RAF Cosford
which the Princess Royal opened and Lady Thatcher was in attendance.
Invitations were very limited and as I had NOT SERVED IN THE RAF, I declined
the offer and made sure one of the RAF members had the place.

I am so sorry that the trouble makers keep trying to score 'Brownie Points',
but if everybody ignores them, they might see just how silly they make
themselves look and give up :-))

Do have a nice day everyone ........... I will :-)

Kindest regards

Mike
ex RN for 5 minutes

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote ((snip))
From those who try to 'stir it'.

Nothing to do with The Royal Air Forces Association whatsoever.

Oh right! Obviously misunderstood the meaning of what you wrote....didn't
notice the "an"....my mistake...glad you have cleared up my confusion.....

" I was guest at the weekend in my position of President of an RAF
Association"

Now we can perhaps get back to gardening and stop puffing out our chests.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 01-11-2007, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote ((snip))
From those who try to 'stir it'.

Nothing to do with The Royal Air Forces Association whatsoever.

Oh right! Obviously misunderstood the meaning of what you wrote....didn't
notice the "an"....my mistake...glad you have cleared up my confusion.....

" I was guest at the weekend in my position of President of an RAF
Association"

Now we can perhaps get back to gardening and stop puffing out our chests.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob, just stating FACTS compared to what the stirrers put out :-))

Kind regards

Mike
The truth always prevails :-)
Stick to the truth and there is NO argument :-)

Old 02-11-2007, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:44:03 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Oh right! Obviously misunderstood the meaning of what you wrote....didn't
notice the "an"....my mistake...glad you have cleared up my confusion.....

But a year or so ago when he first came up with this nonsense he
repeatedly claimed on this forum that he was president of "The" RAF
Association. It was only after someone called his bluff that he had to
demote it to "an".
He will deny this of course but you can check for yourself in the
archives should you wish to do so.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Oh right! Obviously misunderstood the meaning of what you wrote....didn't
notice the "an"....my mistake...glad you have cleared up my confusion.....

But a year or so ago when he first came up with this nonsense he
repeatedly claimed on this forum that he was president of "The" RAF
Association. It was only after someone called his bluff that he had to
demote it to "an".
He will deny this of course but you can check for yourself in the
archives should you wish to do so.

:-))

President of THE RAF Association which related to which day and why?

Check it all out, get it all correct and I will be pleased to accept your
apology :-)

Kind regards

Mike
:-)