Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The last word on urg

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.

I know who I have my money on

Kind regards

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you

Old 02-11-2007, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you

You would lose your money then :-)

Look around you. What made me ask?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 02-11-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:56:53 -0700, Dave Poole
wrote:

On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you

If so it will be a lie, or a boast, or probably both.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 2, 5:32 pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from contains these words:

wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you

If so it will be a lie, or a boast, or probably both.

.....and/or an even*longer* sig?!

Jennifer

I think it would be apt if I had the last word. I have been here for
years and I still know little about gardening. Not because the advice
hasn't been good, it has, it's because the more I learn, the more I
realise that I know nothing. Therefore the last word has to be mine,
asking yet another question.

Judith

Old 02-11-2007, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you
If so it will be a lie, or a boast, or probably both.

.....and/or an even*longer* sig?!

Jennifer

I think it would be apt if I had the last word. I have been here for
years and I still know little about gardening. Not because the advice
hasn't been good, it has, it's because the more I learn, the more I
realise that I know nothing. Therefore the last word has to be mine,
asking yet another question.

Judith- Hide quoted text -

It takes a wise person to realise how little they know.
It takes an eejit to boast about how much they think they know.
You are doing fine Judith.

Des

Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you
If so it will be a lie, or a boast, or probably both.

.....and/or an even*longer* sig?!

Jennifer

I think it would be apt if I had the last word. I have been here for
years and I still know little about gardening. Not because the advice
hasn't been good, it has, it's because the more I learn, the more I
realise that I know nothing. Therefore the last word has to be mine,
asking yet another question.

Judith- Hide quoted text -

It takes a wise person to realise how little they know.
It takes an eejit to boast about how much they think they know.
You are doing fine Judith.

Des- Hide quoted text -

Hi Des, long time no hear how are you? I love the use of the word
eejit, I could trade a few words with you, one being about bottoms,
you will know what I mean G. I might be doing fine, but the more I
read here, the less I realise I know. I couldn't do without this
group, I am not here to advise, just to learn.

Judith

Old 02-11-2007, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message

Another of his lies. He was never a seaman, able or otherwise. Just a
wireman on a shore base.

For your education.

The rank of 'Wireman' went out on January 1st 1946 when the Electrical
Branch was formed.
Any good at maths? I was born in 1936 :-)

Hope that helps. :-)

Get your facts right and engage brain before putting fingers into gear to
type.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 02-11-2007, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 22:47:22 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Another of his lies. He was never a seaman, able or otherwise. Just a
wireman on a shore base.

For your education.

The rank of 'Wireman' went out on January 1st 1946 when the Electrical
Branch was formed.
Any good at maths? I was born in 1936 :-)

Hope that helps. :-)

Get your facts right and engage brain before putting fingers into gear to
type.

Don't try to twist my words, you silly little man.

I didn't say what your rank was, just what you did.

You were a wireman on a shore base.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Nov, 20:57, Des Higgins wrote:
It takes a wise person to realise how little they know.
It takes an eejit to boast about how much they think they know.
You are doing fine Judith.

She is. Very cute. I think the French air is doing her wonders ;o)

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 22:47:22 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Another of his lies. He was never a seaman, able or otherwise. Just a
wireman on a shore base.

For your education.

The rank of 'Wireman' went out on January 1st 1946 when the Electrical
Branch was formed.
Any good at maths? I was born in 1936 :-)

Hope that helps. :-)

Get your facts right and engage brain before putting fingers into gear to
type.

Don't try to twist my words, you silly little man.

I didn't say what your rank was, just what you did.

You were a wireman on a shore base.

"When you are in a hole, stop digging""

There is no such rank or position as Wireman in the Royal Navy and there has
not been one since the Electrical Branch was formed on January 1st 1946.
Afloat or Shore Based.

As you seem to know so much about me, perhaps you would like to post my
service history for all to see. From start to Commission :-)

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 03-11-2007, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 07:52:11 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote in message

[...]

err Mike. I think that's what he said. You were a wireman, not a
Wireman.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ups.com...

wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

I wonder who will INSIST on having the last word when this newsgroup
does
eventually pass to the Great Compost Heap in the sky.
I know who I have my money on

Well, my money's on you
If so it will be a lie, or a boast, or probably both.

.....and/or an even*longer* sig?!

Jennifer

I think it would be apt if I had the last word. I have been here for
years and I still know little about gardening. Not because the advice
hasn't been good, it has, it's because the more I learn, the more I
realise that I know nothing. Therefore the last word has to be mine,
asking yet another question.

And I promise to read it!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ups.com...

wrote:
On Nov 2, 4:41 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

[...]

You are welcome to advise me about bottoms!