GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   FA Gardening Egypt & Allied Climates 1935 vintage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/166421-fa-gardening-egypt-allied-climates-1935-vintage.html)

Alys[_2_] 04-11-2007 01:23 AM

FA Gardening Egypt & Allied Climates 1935 vintage

Gardening For Egypt & Allied Climate by Mary Stout,1935 Preface by Sir
Robert Greg ,Chairman of the Egyptian Horticultural Society,covers
somewhat faded,otherwise a good copy. 286 pages.
Really unusual gardening manual on Gardening mainly in Egypt,also in
other nearby climates.From the tail end of the British presence in
Egypt. Great item for the vintage gardening collection!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Billy[_4_] 04-11-2007 05:14 AM

FA Gardening Egypt & Allied Climates 1935 vintage

In article . com,
Alys wrote:

Gardening For Egypt & Allied Climate by Mary Stout,1935 Preface by Sir
Robert Greg ,Chairman of the Egyptian Horticultural Society,covers
somewhat faded,otherwise a good copy. 286 pages.
Really unusual gardening manual on Gardening mainly in Egypt,also in
other nearby climates.From the tail end of the British presence in
Egypt. Great item for the vintage gardening collection!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5472&ssPa geN
ame=STRK:MESE:IT

The British PRESENCE in Egypt? How insanely sanitary that sounds. I
wonder if they have anything on gardening during the Zionist PRESENCE in
Palestine?
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights.
Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley

Dave Hill 05-11-2007 09:43 AM

On 4 Nov, 01:23, Alys wrote:
Gardening For Egypt & Allied Climate by Mary Stout,1935 Preface by Sir
Robert Greg ,Chairman of the Egyptian Horticultural Society,covers
somewhat faded,otherwise a good copy. 286 pages.
Really unusual gardening manual on Gardening mainly in Egypt,also in
other nearby climates.From the tail end of the British presence in
Egypt. Great item for the vintage gardening collection!

That is very kind of you to offer the book, but as we are only going
there on holiday I don't think we will have time to set up a garden.
David Hill.
Abacus Nurseries