GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aftercare for Dahlia Tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/166434-aftercare-dahlia-tree.html)

caposmum 04-11-2007 07:47 PM

Aftercare for Dahlia Tree

I acquired a Dahlia Tree in May. I have grown mightily but not flowered much. One or two branches have split off (wind damage I guess). What do I do now that winter is approaching. Not sure whether to prune at all. Any advice appreciated. This is my first posting. Bit of a novice with website discussions. Thanks in anticipation.
Barbara

caposmum 04-11-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caposmum (Post 757996)
I acquired a Dahlia Tree in May. I have grown mightily but not flowered much. One or two branches have split off (wind damage I guess). What do I do now that winter is approaching. Not sure whether to prune at all. Any advice appreciated. This is my first posting. Bit of a novice with website discussions. Thanks in anticipation.
Barbara

Apologies I should have said "it has grown..." not "I have grown". Also should have said I live in sussex.
Barbara

Dave Hill 05-11-2007 09:49 AM

Aftercare for Dahlia Tree

--
caposmum

Lets start with a couple of questions.
Where are you growing this Tree Dahlia? (What part of UK }
Do you have a picture of the said Tree Dahlia?
What sort of soil do you have?

What you have is a tree dahlia, not a dahlia tree, and as such you
treat it as you would any other dahlia.
I will answer mor fully when You post the information requested.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries