Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Bas Bas is offline
Registered User

Default Mildew on new Turf

Hi ti you all.

I laid a seeded turf lawn a month ago and have noticed in the last week that it has about a dozen small patches (around 4" circles) of what looks like mildew.It also has that earthey smell that a associate with mildew.

I live in the South-east of England.
The lawn is East facing and only 50 square metres in size.It dosn`t have any obvious shaded areas,though it dosn`t get a great deal of sun this time of the year anyway.

I never had this problem with my old lawn.(which was mainly weeds anyway.)

Can anybody give me any ideas of the cause of this.

Might it be something else ?

Should it be treated with a fungiside ?

Hope some of you seasoned experts can point me in the right direction on this one.

Thanks. Bas.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Bas

1 tonne of 4'oxyglutarazine 2-methyl propionic acid to the acre sees
of fungi in double quick time but do not allow any pets on the area
for 16 months and make sure not to do it within 3 miles of any human
habitation. Failing that, remove all topsoil, down to a depth of 1.2
metres and relay with astroturf. Alternatively, leave it till next
spring and if it is still there put a statue, bird bath, deck chair or
garden gnome over the patch. Further alternative (and this is the
cheapest and least stressful alternative) is to do absolutely nothing
unless it becomes a problem (e.g. causes bad diseases, encourages
badgers to undermine house, causes neighbours to laugh out loud, makes
children embarrassed).

Des

Old 07-11-2007, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 7, 3:13 pm, Des Higgins wrote:
On Nov 6, 5:42 pm, Bas wrote:

[...]

Des- Hide quoted text -

LOL - Good one Des

Judith

Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bas writes:

| Can anybody give me any ideas of the cause of this.
|
| Might it be something else ?

It could well be a slime mould, in which case you can ignore it.

Look at http://www.plantpath.iastate.edu/pdc/node/191

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

sounds like fuzz shouldnt do to much damage just spike and seed scars once
disease has gone.
Dont brush or cut as this will spread the spores.
Or a treatment of a systemic fugicide should do the trick.
Or failing that buy a gun and shoot that **** DES.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Bas Bas is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Higgins View Post
On Nov 6, 5:42 pm, Bas wrote:
[...]

Cheers Des.

What part are you most serious about..........
Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 7, 7:20 pm, "pied piper" wrote:
"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

Or failing that buy a gun and shoot that **** DES.- Hide quoted text -

'scuse me, Des is not a **** - he is very well informed :-)

Judith

Old 08-11-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

Many apologies sorry a well informed **** then.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

Last time I am going to try to help out round here.
Sheesh.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

Sheesh.- Hide quoted text -

Nooooooooooo Des, I need you and your advice, you don't let one
interfere with you helping others, sheesh!!!! Hugs xxxx

Judith

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

Lonely housewife alert Des u have a stalker

Old 09-11-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

"Bas" wrote in message

[...]

Kewl; that is 4 this week alone.

Des

when mildew isn't mildew T[_4_] Edible Gardening 1 16-08-2016 06:09 AM
Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf Mj62 Lawns 7 06-02-2011 06:57 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM