Old 08-11-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Butcher's Blue?

On 8/11/07 19:25, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

She isn't a teensy bit hard of hearing is he? Butcher's Blue actually being
Butcher's Broom?

Well she'd only in her late 30's! However that's what I thought at first
myself Sacha.

This tells you a lot about myself, BTW! ;-)

She's got a lovely old garden, about 2 acres and a few pigs and chicken.
Bees and doves so she likes olde worlde things. She appeared in Amateur
gardener last year seated on a huge wavy bench/seat that her husband
made for her. She'd really arty so when she's sees something she likes
she goes all out to get that one particular colour or plant She'd
never buy three on the way up the nursery aisle before getting to the
one she came for like several of us

Apart from the age, I recognise a kindred spirit as to plant buying. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
A fellow gardener from Ballinger has asked if I would try and find out
about a plant with the name of 'Butcher's Blue' or, she says, it might be
Blue Butcher.
She doesn't know what the rest of the name is, I gather she saw it in a
garden near Banbury, but she would love to buy a plant.
I've suggested Butcher's broom but she says it's definitely got BLUE in
the name.

Any suggestions?
I will get her to send a description if that helps.

A description would certainly help. Is it a tree, a shrub, a flower,
flowering? What does the flower look like? Is it a grass, a Euphorb, a
hollyhock-type, a carrot? Any descriptive info would be useful. Does she
have a digicam so we could see a photo?

someone

Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 8, 5:26 pm, "someone" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

A fellow gardener from Ballinger has asked if I would try and find out
about a plant with the name of 'Butcher's Blue' or, she says, it might be
Blue Butcher.
She doesn't know what the rest of the name is, I gather she saw it in a
garden near Banbury, but she would love to buy a plant.
I've suggested Butcher's broom but she says it's definitely got BLUE in
the name.

Any suggestions?
I will get her to send a description if that helps.

A description would certainly help. Is it a tree, a shrub, a flower,
flowering? What does the flower look like? Is it a grass, a Euphorb, a
hollyhock-type, a carrot? Any descriptive info would be useful. Does she
have a digicam so we could see a photo?

someone

How about a confusion of types of (corn):
http://www.southernexposure.com/productlist/DCORN.html
(some have "blue", some have "butcher" in their name)

or

http://www.govlink.org/hazwaste/busi...cfm?cat=4&aw=A
("Butchers Blue Industrial Cleaner" -- in 1 gallon containers)

Don