Old 09-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered User

Default Tree root in the way

I want to put up a fence in the back garden. As I started digging to make a hole for the first post, I hit a tree root, about 8-9cm dia. It's not that far down, and the post needs to go in that location. Should I cut out that part of the root, and if so will, I have to treat it to stop it growning back, through the post and founds
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
john.greig2@ntl wrote:

I want to put up a fence in the back garden. As I started digging to
make a hole for the first post, I hit a tree root, about 8-9cm dia.
It's not that far down, and the post needs to go in that location.
Should I cut out that part of the root, and if so will, I have to treat
it to stop it growning back, through the post and founds

What KIND of tree root do you think it is? What is growing nearby?

Michael Bell