Old 09-11-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can I draw your attention to

The charter for this news group and in particular the section regarding
gardening in other parts of the world

-----
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and other
differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world is OFF
TOPIC

Lets try and keep ON TOPIC from now on or at least start any thread that is
outside the charter with _Off Topic_ in the subject line.

The charter can be found at http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

B.T. technical support: Technical Support helpdesk: 0906 301 2456.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

The charter for this news group and in particular the section regarding
gardening in other parts of the world

-----
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world is
OFF TOPIC

Lets try and keep ON TOPIC from now on or at least start any thread that
is outside the charter with _Off Topic_ in the subject line.

It's in the nature of gardeners to talk and share information about
gardening, even gardening in other places. And since most of the plants we
like to nurture are natives of other lands, discussion of them is not all
that off topic.

And with the way the seasons are changing, whatever your opinions on climate
change and the alleged effects thereof, what is OT today may not be OT
tomorrow. There was for instance an item on TV yesterday about proteas,
natives of Southern Africa, flowering for the first time outdoors in UK.

And if something is OT, then so what? Nobody dies. You just don't join in
the threads that don't interest you. There, another problem solved. Next
please.

Lighten up, you know it makes sense.

Steve

Old 09-11-2007, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

The charter for this news group and in particular the section regarding
gardening in other parts of the world

-----
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world is
OFF TOPIC

Lets try and keep ON TOPIC from now on or at least start any thread that
is outside the charter with _Off Topic_ in the subject line.

The charter can be found at
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

B.T. technical support: Technical Support helpdesk: 0906 301 2456.

Nice to see it will cost you a pound a minute to get help!

Don't think I',, bother!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default O.T. Can I draw your attention to

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

Charter violations may be reported to the offending persons ISP

If you have a problem with this then I advise you to air it in
uk.net.news.config news group

B.T. technical support: Technical Support helpdesk: 0906 301 2456.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

[...]

Since when has the word "sense" been part of a trolls vocabulary?

--
Chris, Sugar Hill, Barbados
A little learning is a dangerous thing, but it still beats total ignorance.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

Charter violations may be reported to the offending persons ISP

If you have a problem with this then I advise you to air it in
uk.net.news.config news group

B.T. technical support: Technical Support helpdesk: 0906 301 2456.

Presumably by a Troll who doesnt know what the correct British Telecom
domain is then nor uses a BT server to post ?
DW

Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

The charter for this news group and in particular the section regarding
gardening in other parts of the world

-----
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world is
OFF TOPIC

Lets try and keep ON TOPIC from now on or at least start any thread that
is outside the charter with _Off Topic_ in the subject line.

Va-te-faire enceinte!
Graham

Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

more from the news alt ****wit brigade

Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote in message

"B.T. Technical Support" wrote in message

The charter for this news group and in particular the section regarding
gardening in other parts of the world

-----
In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of gardening in other parts of the world is
OFF TOPIC

Lets try and keep ON TOPIC from now on or at least start any thread that
is outside the charter with _Off Topic_ in the subject line.

Va-te-faire enceinte!

I wish I could speak ultra!

Old 11-11-2007, 02:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Funy as **** coming from an easynews user.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered User

Hello
This is my first post here but already I'm a bit puzzled. The note at the top of the page states the post I'm about to reply to will be quoted below. Why? Other message boards I write on simply lists the posts as it is always obvious what the writer is referring to. This seems to me to be an unneccessarily long winded way of creating a thread, don't you think? Imagine you are conversation with a friend and you say to the friend "I finally got around to pruning my fremontodendron this afternoon" and he replies "I got around to pruning my fremontodendron this afternoon. Oh did you? Did it take you long." Seems a bit odd to me. What do you all think?
Paul

Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul Narramore" wrote in
message ...

Hello
This is my first post here but already I'm a bit puzzled. The note at
the top of the page states the post I'm about to reply to will be
quoted below. Why? Other message boards I write on simply lists the
posts as it is always obvious what the writer is referring to. This
seems to me to be an unneccessarily long winded way of creating a
thread, don't you think? Imagine you are conversation with a friend and
you say to the friend "I finally got around to pruning my
fremontodendron this afternoon" and he replies "I got around to pruning
my fremontodendron this afternoon. Oh did you? Did it take you long."
Seems a bit odd to me. What do you all think?
Paul

Probably because you are using gardenbanter, get a proper isp and that may
help.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Better still take a **** off pill and make it a big one.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Paul Narramore" wrote in
message ...

Hello
This is my first post here but already I'm a bit puzzled. The note at
the top of the page states the post I'm about to reply to will be
quoted below. Why? Other message boards I write on simply lists the
posts as it is always obvious what the writer is referring to.

[...]

This isn't a message board, of course; newsgroups may have different
protocols from what you are accustomed to. When you type your reply, you can
always snip any irrelevant parts of the quoted material, as I have just
done.

Actually it isn't "always obvious what the writer is referring to", since
the newsgroup messages are listed in a random order. Even if you are able to
set your newsreader to show messages by subject, your reply post may refer
to a previous message a long way down the stack, and threads often wander a
long way from the initial point. It's easier for readers if the context is
immediately apparent and doesn't need to be hunted down.

Alan Jones