GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shizophragma integrifolia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/166618-shizophragma-integrifolia.html)

Dave Hill 10-11-2007 02:54 PM

Shizophragma integrifolia

Has anyone here any experiance growing Shizophragma integrifolia, we
got one today at the Range in their reduced plants as well as some
other very good buys including
One yera old japanese anemones at 50p a pot

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 10-11-2007 04:52 PM

Shizophragma integrifolia

In article . com,
says...
Has anyone here any experiance growing Shizophragma integrifolia, we
got one today at the Range in their reduced plants as well as some
other very good buys including
One yera old japanese anemones at 50p a pot

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Yes, I have a largish one on my north wall, its a typical climbing
hydrangea, ie slow to get going then vigorous flowers summer (junish
here) very handsome in flower, make sure it does not dry out when young.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha 10-11-2007 05:39 PM

Shizophragma integrifolia

On 10/11/07 16:52, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article . com,
says...
Has anyone here any experiance growing Shizophragma integrifolia, we
got one today at the Range in their reduced plants as well as some
other very good buys including
One yera old japanese anemones at 50p a pot

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Yes, I have a largish one on my north wall, its a typical climbing
hydrangea, ie slow to get going then vigorous flowers summer (junish
here) very handsome in flower, make sure it does not dry out when young.

I'd agree with Charlie here - lovely thing but slow to get growing. ISTR
that there's a lot of it on the front of Lanhydrock House in Cornwall.
Charlie?
Something had a good chomp at ours this year, so we're hoping it will
survive!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 11-11-2007 08:20 AM

Shizophragma integrifolia

In article ,
says...
On 10/11/07 16:52, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article . com,
says...
Has anyone here any experiance growing Shizophragma integrifolia, we
got one today at the Range in their reduced plants as well as some
other very good buys including
One yera old japanese anemones at 50p a pot

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Yes, I have a largish one on my north wall, its a typical climbing
hydrangea, ie slow to get going then vigorous flowers summer (junish
here) very handsome in flower, make sure it does not dry out when young.

I'd agree with Charlie here - lovely thing but slow to get growing. ISTR
that there's a lot of it on the front of Lanhydrock House in Cornwall.
Charlie?
Something had a good chomp at ours this year, so we're hoping it will
survive!

The form rosea is even more beautiful, (I don't agree with the plant
finder that it is really S. hydranoides rosea it is much more like S.
integrifolia)