Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weather - or not

I don't know what the weather wizards say but here, tonight, at just after
11pm it was warm. The wind is in the west and it is mild enough for a real
cold weather wimp like me to turn down radiators etc.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-11-2007, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Sacha wrote:

I don't know what the weather wizards say but here, tonight, at just after
11pm it was warm.

It only fell to 12C here despite a largely clear night. However, the
clever money is on colder weather moving south during Sunday with it
getting chillier as the day progresses. Let's see just how far south
it gets. I'd like to see prolonged rain more than anything else -
everything is dust dry and the half hour long spates of light drizzle
over the past weeks have done nothing to help. I've got several Nikau
palms (Rhopalostylis) and that needed deep watering yesterday and a
Majesty palm (Ravenea) was in so much trouble that the newest frond
was starting to wilt. It is a riverine species that needs lots of
water and I hope I've managed to catch it before damage has been
done.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
I don't know what the weather wizards say but here, tonight, at just after
11pm it was warm. The wind is in the west and it is mild enough for a real
cold weather wimp like me to turn down radiators etc.

Last night was mild, with hardly any dip from the overnight temperature,
but an actual frost is forecast for tonight (but not for Torquay) - I
may even turn the radiators on.

It looks like I should be collecting all the tender plants, and bringing
them indoors, or into the garage.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote

It looks like I should be collecting all the tender plants, and bringing
them indoors, or into the garage.

My policy is: If they can't make it on their own in the outside world they
don't deserve to live.

Mel W.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
I don't know what the weather wizards say but here, tonight, at just after
11pm it was warm. The wind is in the west and it is mild enough for a
real
cold weather wimp like me to turn down radiators etc.

Here in Windsor it's damned cold although the sun is out and bright.

What at 8.17 at night? You ARE lucky ;-)

Mike
Who visits the Land of the Midnight Sun on a cruise next June/July

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
I don't know what the weather wizards say but here, tonight, at just
after 11pm it was warm. The wind is in the west and it is mild enough
for a real cold weather wimp like me to turn down radiators etc.

-2.8DegC minima in West Somerset last night.... nice and crisp!