Old 15-11-2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens, uk.rec.gardening

Default FA Arboriculture Pratique vintage French fruit gardening

Arboriculture Pratrique ,by Troncet et E.Deliege,Librairie Larousse
Paris. undated ,but I would guess to early 1900s.ex.lib,otherwise a
good copy.163 pages.
Just the most splendid French book (entirely in the French language)
on fruit gardening,with a lots of superb detailed engravings
throughout. Very comprehensive,scarce item.A must for the vintage
gardening shelf!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 16-11-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Alys wrote:

Arboriculture Pratrique ,by Troncet et E.Deliege,Librairie Larousse
Paris. undated ,but I would guess to early 1900s.ex.lib,otherwise a
good copy.163 pages.
Just the most splendid French book (entirely in the French language)
on fruit gardening,with a lots of superb detailed engravings
throughout. Very comprehensive,scarce item.A must for the vintage
gardening shelf!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4456&ssPa geN
ame=STRK:MESE:IT

$40.95 + shipping for this 163 page anachronistic brochure on growing
trees? Ah, just the perfect accent for the lace draped book shelf of a
petty bourgeois. (Madam Bovary must have had one, or would have, if she
hadn't committed suicide.) Just one glance at this booklet will tell
even the most causal observer that they are dealing with someone with
serious self-esteem issues, IMHO. You'd be better off with a water
fountain that was activated by you door bell.

Did civilization fall again (when I wasn't looking) and we've re-entered
the new dark ages, where we once more seek for truth in ancient
manuscripts? Oy. Gevalt.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 16-11-2007, 01:55 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Ann Ann is offline

Billy expounded:

Did civilization fall again (when I wasn't looking) and we've re-entered
the new dark ages, where we once more seek for truth in ancient
manuscripts? Oy. Gevalt.

No, some people just have different interests than you. I love old
horticultural texts and the lovely engravings that can be found in
them. Why you'd have such a problem with that and be so judgemental
is beyond me....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 16-11-2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy expounded:

Did civilization fall again (when I wasn't looking) and we've re-entered
the new dark ages, where we once more seek for truth in ancient
manuscripts? Oy. Gevalt.

No, some people just have different interests than you. I love old
horticultural texts and the lovely engravings that can be found in
them. Why you'd have such a problem with that and be so judgemental
is beyond me....

I good book called "The Anatomy of Bibliomania" exists and is worth
tracking down.

Do a search for Bibliomania if you enjoy confusion. If you do not read
the reviews at the link below.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2un2q6

Bill

Did civilization fall again (when I wasn't looking) and we've
re-entered the new dark ages, where we once more seek for truth in
ancient manuscripts? Oy. Gevalt.

"Been down so long it is beginning to look like up."

Mimi & Richard Farina who may have been as familiar as Robert Allen
Zimmerman if not for a motorcycle accident.

One-Way Ticket 3:29 Mimi & Richard Farina Complete Vanguard
Recordings (3CD) Folk

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 16-11-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Ann Ann is offline

William Wagner expounded:

I good book called "The Anatomy of Bibliomania" exists and is worth
tracking down.

Do a search for Bibliomania if you enjoy confusion. If you do not read
the reviews at the link below.

That sounds like an interesting one, I'll put it on my 'someday' list
)