Old 22-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered User

Exclamation Questionnaire potting soil

Dear readers,

I'm a Dutch marketing student and at this moment I'm working on a survey. I'm investigating the possiblities exporting a new potting soil product form Holland to the UK.

Cocopeat is a peat-free compost which has proven its worth in the professional horticulture market.An unique feature of cocopeat is that it can be compressed by pressing out the water, adding water brings the cocopeat back in the original shape. Compressing cocopeat creates an odourless and dry lightweight tablet. Adding 200 ml water to one tablet generates 0.5 litre of potting soil. A tube filled with 10 of these tablets(450 grams) brings the traditional hauling with dirty and backbreaking sacks of potting soil to an end.

All advantages of the product in summary:
-Suitable for all balcony-, terrace- and indoor plants;
-Ideal for small housed admirers;
-Light in weight, easy in transport;
-Easy to dose, at least 2 years maintainable;
-Contains Osmocote nutrients for 6 months;
-Cocopeat does not stick to the hands

In short: convenient, quick and clean!

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1760/stappenvm5.png

To investigate the possibilities of exporting to the UK we need the opinion of real-life consumers. If you would be so kind to fill in the questionnaire it would be of great help for my survey. The questionnaire counts 18 multiple choise question and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of your time.

This is the link to fill in the questionnaire.
http://www.thesistools.com/?qid=39734&ln=eng
If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to contact me here or at
Old 22-11-2007, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Questionnaire potting soil

"Cocopeat" wrote in message

Dear readers,

@gardenbanter.co.uk

?????

Who will be first to attack?

:-(((

Kindest regards

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 22-11-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

'[image:http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1760/stappenvm5.png]'
(http://imageshack.us)

This is the link to fill in the questionnaire.http://tinyurl.com/2zq5pp
If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to contact me here or
at

--
Cocopeat

You should realize that this product can prove to be deadly poison for
any dogs that eat it.
There have already been deaths caused by coco shell mulches.
I hate to think of the Law suites
Chocolate & All Chocolate Products
INCLUDING COCO-SHELL GARDEN MULCH
Dogs are particularly sensitive to a class of chemicals called
methylxanthines. Theobromine and caffeine all belong to this family.
Dogs cannot metabolise and excrete these compounds as efficiently as
humans. These compounds, once swallowed are taken up by the liver,
transmitted back to the small intestine and converted back to the
original methylxanthines. After which, they take another trip around
the body. This is repeated a number of times, so instead of getting
rid of the compounds (as a human being does) the dog will just keep
poisoning itself. The difficulty is that there are many different
formulations of chocolate, from sweet milk chocolate, which is the
mildest form to the dark bitter chocolate, commonly produced for the
continental market, but increasingly consumed in the UK. A lethal
amount of sweet milk chocolate is said to be around two ounces to
every Kg in bodyweight. For example: A dog weighing 22lb the lethal
amount would be around 20 ounces. Dark bitter chocolate is considered
to be about ten times as toxic, so a 22lb dog could actually die from
as little as 2 ounces of dark chocolate. Although many people are
aware of this fact, there are many others that are unaware and still
others who have been given the facts but choose to ignore them. We
have all heard someone say "I've given my dogs chocolate for years and
they've never come to any harm". They may not have done, as they've
probably been given a small amount of milk chocolate but what it has
done is give the dog a taste for it and who knows when they may find a
bar of dark chocolate? It comes as no surprise that Easter and
Christmas are times when many dogs are at risk, especially when family
members visit and often give titbits to a dog, or dogs are left alone
to consume any left out chocolates.

Clinical Signs:
Vomiting *Hyperactivity *Restlessness *Hypersensitivity when touched
(A dog will jump on touch) *A raised rapid respiration and heartbeat
*Muscle Tremors *Seizures *Weakness *Coma *And death

David Hill
Old 22-11-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 848cbbe8-c814-458a-8426-
,
says...

(
http://imageshack.us)

To investigate the possibilities of exporting to the UK we need the
opinion of real-life consumers. If you would be so kind to fill in the
questionnaire it would be of great help for my survey. The questionnaire
counts 18 multiple choise question and shouldn't take more than 5
minutes of your time.

This is the link to fill in the questionnaire.http://tinyurl.com/2zq5pp
If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to contact me here or
at

--
Cocopeat

You should realize that this product can prove to be deadly poison for
any dogs that eat it.
There have already been deaths caused by coco shell mulches.
I hate to think of the Law suites
Chocolate & All Chocolate Products

I don't think you need worry about the above product though, have you
seen the sort of price they think they can get for it?! also I get the
feeling its not designed to be used outside but only for house plants.
:~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 22-11-2007, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

T...
wrote:
[...]

Already used it in peat free compost tho' I'm surprised at any suggestion
of toxicity as it (Cocopeat) is based on Coir the husk of the coconut and
not Cacoa ( Cocoa) Bean byproducts which are alleged to have caused
poisioning in dogs. Is somebody barking up the wrong tree?

Derek

Old 23-11-2007, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:22:18 +0000, Cocopeat
wrote:

Dear readers,

I'm a Dutch marketing student and at this moment I'm working on a
survey. I'm investigating the possiblities exporting a new potting
soil product form Holland to the UK.

Cocopeat is a peat-free compost which has proven its worth in the
professional horticulture market.An unique feature of cocopeat is that
it can be compressed by pressing out the water, adding water brings the
cocopeat back in the original shape. Compressing cocopeat creates an
odourless and dry lightweight tablet. Adding 200 ml water to one tablet
generates 0.5 litre of potting soil. A tube filled with 10 of these
tablets(450 grams) brings the traditional hauling with dirty and
backbreaking sacks of potting soil to an end.

Is this product made from coconut fibre or coco-shells?
I have already purchased bricks of compressed coco-fibre which makes
nearly a bucketful of compst. It did not do as well as convetional
composts.

Pam in Bristol
Old 23-11-2007, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes

Is this product made from coconut fibre or coco-shells?
I have already purchased bricks of compressed coco-fibre which makes
nearly a bucketful of compst. It did not do as well as convetional
composts.

Pam in Bristol

Pam, I found those bricks wonderful for potting on cuttings. No idea
why, they grew much faster than those I put into ordinary compost. Maybe
the fibrous nature of the stuff helped the young roots grow?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 24-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered User

Hi I am based in Botswana and is engaged in importing cocopeat from India .. I am interested in the manufacture and packaging of good potting mixes with cocopeat as base. But i am not sure of the fertilizer and nutrient composition to create a effective potting mix that does not need any external addition of fertilizers and nutrients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocopeat View Post

Old 26-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered User

Just to clear up a few things:

Cocopeat has nothing to do with cacoa, it is indeed the crunched shell of coconuts.
The mentioned prices are pure to monitor what would be realistic. The price in Holland will be around 2,50 pounds, would you consider this as realistic?
Old 27-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Registered User

Smile

offcourse, compost is available in numerous price levels, depending on quality you require. Cocopeat compost has very good growing conditions for all plants, which is proven in professional horticulture[almost all tomatoes cocumbers, flowers and even marihuana is grown on cocopeat]
The tablets from the questionnaire also have additional nutrients for six months, so the quality can be considered very good.

However, pressing the cocopeat into tablets and packaging the in a 100% dry and re-lockable tube brings in additional costs, which makes this price for 5 litres. It is top of the segment indeed, but it is good quality and denenitely a convenience good[light in transport, clean etc].

I hope this has made things clear again

Potting soil vs garden soil Higgs Boson Gardening 14 08-07-2013 06:28 AM
Potting soil vs Potting mix [email protected] Texas 0 27-08-2008 08:14 PM
Potting Soil vs. Potting Mix ewl Gardening 7 12-04-2008 05:09 AM
Questionnaire Judderman United Kingdom 0 06-04-2007 12:05 PM
The Woodland Trust National Questionnaire 2004 AMacmil304 United Kingdom 1 13-04-2004 05:38 AM