Old 24-11-2007, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echo strimmer parts?

My 24 year old has stopped working due I am told to the coil/condenser
having stopped working (it has occasional weak sparks but wont start)
anyway my repair man says he can not get the bits and despite scavenging
a load of half dead strimmers he had about the place could not find a
compatible match.
I did ask if a different engine could be fitted but the shaft head is a
different shape.
Any one any suggestions to offer someone in mourning for and old friend,
I don't use it heavily about 3 times per year so am reluctant to spend
big money, don't want to hire as I often don't know I am going to have
the time until it happens.
I do not need all sorts of fancy add ons just a bog standard cord
strimmer.
I had a look at Ryobi strimmers but my son tells me their reputation is
not good, any comments.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 24-11-2007, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| My 24 year old has stopped working due I am told to the coil/condenser
| having stopped working (it has occasional weak sparks but wont start)
| anyway my repair man says he can not get the bits and despite scavenging
| a load of half dead strimmers he had about the place could not find a
| compatible match.

Get someone who knows about hacking electrics to check it out. And
I mean "hacking" - not an electrical shop, but perhaps someone with
and interest in old cars or radios.

It is generally dead easy to replace a condenser with a functionally
equivalent one, and often possible to replace a coil. And 90% of
the time, it is the condenser, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Strimmer advice needed. (was How to rewind line on to strimmer head?) Adam Lipscombe United Kingdom 2 22-05-2008 02:22 PM
Strimmer parts Dean United Kingdom 2 23-05-2006 05:53 PM
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!echo echo echo echo... animaux Texas 43 03-02-2004 08:46 PM
Echo HC1500 Hedge Trimmer Bruce Trull Lawns 1 08-06-2003 06:20 PM
Echo Posts in rec.gardens.roses Cass Roses 4 08-03-2003 01:32 AM