Old 25-11-2007, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

Default Official charter of UK rec gardening

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Old 25-11-2007, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default **WARNING** Official charter of UK rec gardening **WARNING**

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:27:16 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

**DO NOT CLICK**

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

**DO NOT CLICK**

The above link is fake!

I redirects you to a hardcore porn site :-(

--
Brandy Freeman
Old 25-11-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:27:16 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

**DO NOT CLICK**

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

**DO NOT CLICK**

The above link is fake!

I redirects you to a hardcore porn site :-(

I doesn't I just tried! Bit disappointed really.

Was it in a Red Dwarf episode where there was a big red
flashing button marked "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!!!"?

The temptation to push it to find out what it did proved
too much for Lister. Forgot what happened but I think it
was very very bad.
--
David in Normandy
Old 25-11-2007, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:27:16 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

**DO NOT CLICK**

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

**DO NOT CLICK**

The above link is fake!

I redirects you to a hardcore porn site :-(

I doesn't I just tried! Bit disappointed really.

Was it in a Red Dwarf episode where there was a big red
flashing button marked "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!!!"?

The temptation to push it to find out what it did proved
too much for Lister. Forgot what happened but I think it
was very very bad.
--
David in Normandy

WET PAINT

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 25-11-2007, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
'Mike' says...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:27:16 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

**DO NOT CLICK**

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

**DO NOT CLICK**

The above link is fake!

I redirects you to a hardcore porn site :-(

I doesn't I just tried! Bit disappointed really.

Was it in a Red Dwarf episode where there was a big red
flashing button marked "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!!!"?

The temptation to push it to find out what it did proved
too much for Lister. Forgot what happened but I think it
was very very bad.
--
David in Normandy

WET PAINT

Mike

At a house we lived at a few moves ago, a neighbour on one
side was quite horrible. They also had horrid kids. After a
few garden thefts and an attempted burglary I painted OUR
side of our six feet high fence with anti-vandal paint. I
took care to ensure that only anyone climbing on our side
of the fence would encounter the paint. It wasn't long
before the mother of the horrid kids was complaining to us
about her kids getting something black and greasy all over
their clothes :-)

Garden associated thefts and damage stopped after that.
--
David in Normandy

Old 25-11-2007, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
In article ,
'Mike' says...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:27:16 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

**DO NOT CLICK**

[...]

Don't remember the full story, but quite some time ago a farmer was fed up
with people ambling across his fields, so after he had sprayed them with
some harmless fertilizer or something, he put a sign up on the gate
announcing "This Field Has Been Sprayed With (and then he put a long
chemical name which was the true name of this fertilizer) ENTER AT YOUR OWN
RISK"

Wasn't bothered any more ;-)

Mike

Old 25-11-2007, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Don't remember the full story, but quite some time ago a farmer was
fed up with people ambling across his fields, so after he had sprayed
them with some harmless fertilizer or something, he put a sign up on
the gate announcing "This Field Has Been Sprayed With (and then he
put a long chemical name which was the true name of this fertilizer)
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Wasn't bothered any more ;-)

On his own private land, good luck to him. But, if he did that trying to
prevent use of a right of way, he'd be breaking the law.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old 25-11-2007, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nigel Cliffe" wrote ...
'Mike' wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote Don't remember the full story, but quite some
time ago a farmer was
fed up with people ambling across his fields, so after he had sprayed
them with some harmless fertilizer or something, he put a sign up on
the gate announcing "This Field Has Been Sprayed With (and then he
put a long chemical name which was the true name of this fertilizer)
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Wasn't bothered any more ;-)

On his own private land, good luck to him. But, if he did that trying to
prevent use of a right of way, he'd be breaking the law.

Breaking the law maybe but on one of our walking routes through the Surrey
Hills one field has "Beware of the Bull" signs but in all the years we have
walked there we haven't even seen an animal of any description. Mind you we
still stop and have a good look.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-11-2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Nigel Cliffe" wrote ...
'Mike' wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote Don't remember the full story, but quite
some time ago a farmer was
fed up with people ambling across his fields, so after he had
sprayed them with some harmless fertilizer or something, he put a
sign up on the gate announcing "This Field Has Been Sprayed With
(and then he put a long chemical name which was the true name of this
fertilizer)
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Wasn't bothered any more ;-)

On his own private land, good luck to him. But, if he did that
trying to prevent use of a right of way, he'd be breaking the law.

Breaking the law maybe but on one of our walking routes through the
Surrey Hills one field has "Beware of the Bull" signs but in all the
years we have walked there we haven't even seen an animal of any
description. Mind you we still stop and have a good look.

Report it to your local ROW officer (county council in most cases).

- Nigel