GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flowers left on cuttings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167539-flowers-left-cuttings.html)

johngood_____[_2_] 27-11-2007 10:37 AM

flowers left on cuttings

i want to try to root some chrysanths cutting in water, should i remove the
flowers or leave them on?
thanks.

Nick Maclaren 27-11-2007 11:16 AM

flowers left on cuttings

In article ,
"johngood_____" writes:
| i want to try to root some chrysanths cutting in water, should i remove the
| flowers or leave them on?

Remove them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 27-11-2007 11:20 AM

flowers left on cuttings

In article ,
says...
i want to try to root some chrysanths cutting in water, should i remove the
flowers or leave them on?
thanks.

remove any flowers and flower buds on all cuttings.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

johngood_____[_2_] 27-11-2007 03:53 PM

flowers left on cuttings

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
i want to try to root some chrysanths cutting in water, should i remove
the
flowers or leave them on?
thanks.

remove any flowers and flower buds on all cuttings.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Thanks to all. what i want to do is try to propogate some indoor chryanths
from cuttings and keep them on a south facing London windowsill all the year
inside. is this possible or unrealistic? thanks

Sacha 27-11-2007 11:10 PM

flowers left on cuttings

On 27/11/07 15:53, in article ,
"johngood_____" wrote:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
i want to try to root some chrysanths cutting in water, should i remove
the
flowers or leave them on?
thanks.

remove any flowers and flower buds on all cuttings.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Thanks to all. what i want to do is try to propogate some indoor chryanths
from cuttings and keep them on a south facing London windowsill all the year
inside. is this possible or unrealistic? thanks

In enough light, it might work. Try it and let us know how it and if it
works out.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk