GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Daffodil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167540-first-daffodil.html)

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_81_] 27-11-2007 11:04 AM

First Daffodil

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments
Best Allotment Site in Plymouth

Dave Liquorice 27-11-2007 11:58 AM

First Daffodil

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:04:42 -0000, Robert \(Plymouth\) wrote:

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

Flippin heck... Ours ar still under ground and will be for the next 3 if
not four months!

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Sacha 27-11-2007 11:09 PM

First Daffodil

On 27/11/07 11:04, in article ,
"Robert (Plymouth)" remove my other
hobby to reply wrote:

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to planting
some of ours!!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sally Thompson 27-11-2007 11:35 PM

First Daffodil

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:09:12 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

hobby to reply wrote:

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to planting
some of ours!!

I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit late this year :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Sacha 28-11-2007 12:11 AM

First Daffodil

On 27/11/07 23:35, in article
, "Sally Thompson"

,
hobby to reply wrote:

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to planting
some of ours!!

I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit late this year :-)

Hmmm. If I only it were just 'this year'. ;-) I never carpe diem. ;-)

Cat(h) 28-11-2007 01:31 PM

First Daffodil

hobby to reply wrote:

The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something

There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to planting
some of ours!!

I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit late this year :-)

Planted 10 kgs last week end.
Meanwhile, most of those planted in the past are well and truly
peeking out of the ground. But nothing looking remotely like
flowering.

Cat(h)

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_82_] 28-11-2007 03:28 PM

First Daffodil

Sacha wrote:
:: On 27/11/07 23:35, in article
:: , "Sally Thompson"
:: wrote:
::
::: On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:09:12 +0000, Sacha wrote
::: (in article ) :
:::
:::: On 27/11/07 11:04, in article
::::
, "Robert (Plymouth)"
:::: remove my other hobby to
:::: reply wrote:
::::
::::: The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something
::::
:::: There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to
:::: planting some of ours!!
::::
::::
:::
::: I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit late this year :-)
::
:: Hmmm. If I only it were just 'this year'. ;-) I never carpe
:: diem. ;-)
:::
Just looked out the front and to my surprise the camellia Inspiration is
starting to bloom well while the autumn flowering one is still in full
flower.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 28-11-2007 08:06 PM

First Daffodil

In article ,
says...
Sacha wrote:
:: On 27/11/07 23:35, in article
::
, "Sally Thompson"
:: wrote:
::
::: On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:09:12 +0000, Sacha wrote
::: (in article ) :
:::
:::: On 27/11/07 11:04, in article
::::
, "Robert (Plymouth)"
:::: remove my other hobby to
:::: reply wrote:
::::
::::: The first one is opening but has been nibbled by something
::::
:::: There must be some insect aka 'envy'. ;-) I just got round to
:::: planting some of ours!!
::::
::::
:::
::: I'm glad it's not just me that's a bit late this year :-)
::
:: Hmmm. If I only it were just 'this year'. ;-) I never carpe
:: diem. ;-)
:::
Just looked out the front and to my surprise the camellia Inspiration is
starting to bloom well while the autumn flowering one is still in full
flower.

Yes I was surprised to see a single flower on Camellia Involucrata Rubra
usally a late one. But like swallows I don't expect a single flower is
much to shout about!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk