GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flooding :-(( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167688-flooding.html)

'Mike' 02-12-2007 05:08 PM

Flooding :-((

Had the Councillor out today to deal with a problem we have had for a long
time :-))

Watch this space as they say:-))

I want a drain putting in :-))

'Betcha' I get it. Anybody want to take me on?

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

'Mike' 02-12-2007 05:12 PM

Flooding :-((

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Had the Councillor out today to deal with a problem we have had for a long
time :-))

Watch this space as they say:-))

I want a drain putting in :-))

'Betcha' I get it. Anybody want to take me on?

Gardening connection?

If I don't get a drain put in, then my garden gets flooded and washed away.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

and a Bungalow neighbour gets flooded out :-(

Any questions?

Mike

Jeff Taylor 02-12-2007 06:44 PM

Flooding :-((

'Mike' wrote:

If I don't get a drain put in, then my garden gets flooded and washed away.

With a bit of luck you might get washed away too.

Nick Maclaren 02-12-2007 07:39 PM

Flooding :-((

In article , "'Mike'" writes:

| Gardening connection?
|
| If I don't get a drain put in, then my garden gets flooded and washed away.

Heck. In one of the warmest parts of the UK, too! Plant mangroves.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 02-12-2007 08:16 PM

Flooding :-((

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes

In article , "'Mike'"
writes:

| Gardening connection?
|
| If I don't get a drain put in, then my garden gets flooded and washed away.

Heck. In one of the warmest parts of the UK, too! Plant mangroves.

Talipariti tiliaceum, Thespesia populnea and Heritiera littorialis are
supposed to be quite atractive. And IIRC Pachira aquatica has the bonus
of edible fruits, though I doubt that it will handle saline water.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

[email protected] 02-12-2007 10:24 PM

Flooding :-((

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:44:11 GMT, Jeff Taylor
wrote:

'Mike' wrote:

If I don't get a drain put in, then my garden gets flooded and washed away.

With a bit of luck you might get washed away too.

And the sooner the better. When will the conceited little man realise
that we are all heartily sick of him?