Old 02-12-2007, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberry Joan J

I've seen a number of good reports on this variety - they all seem to
indicate an edge over Autumn Bliss.

I live near Edinburgh and find that Joan J does not seem to be
available locally. Is it sufficiently new that it isn't generally
available or does it not do well in Scotland ?

Thanks for any input

Rob
Old 03-12-2007, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Rob
G writes
I've seen a number of good reports on this variety - they all seem to
indicate an edge over Autumn Bliss.

I live near Edinburgh and find that Joan J does not seem to be
available locally. Is it sufficiently new that it isn't generally
available or does it not do well in Scotland ?

Thanks for any input

Rob

I bought mine on the internet from D T Browns I think.
They had collections of them.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 07-12-2007, 01:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello Rob
May I suggest two other varieties that I have tried that performed
much better than Autum Bliss

Joan Squire ( an improved raspberry from the Joan J camp)
and Polka which harvested its last berries with the frosts, 2nd
November. Stood better than Autumn Bliss

May need to go mail order. The canes I got of Polka had roots over
3ft long, has proved to be a vigourous grower.

Good luck
Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire