GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Soggy Lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167803-soggy-lawn.html)

craig20 06-12-2007 01:05 PM

Soggy Lawn

I recently had a soakaway problem fixed but my lawn is still extremely
soggy. Does it take a long time normally to totally dry? It is
winter here so do I have to wait for warmer weather for soil to dry?

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ 06-12-2007 01:36 PM

Soggy Lawn

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 05:05:16 -0800 (PST), craig20
wrote and included this (or some of this):

I recently had a soakaway problem fixed but my lawn is still extremely
soggy. Does it take a long time normally to totally dry?

The rain doesn't help.

It is winter here so do I have to wait for warmer weather for soil to dry?

I don't think you really want a totally dry lawn.

See what it's like in May I should say.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 06-12-2007 02:06 PM

Soggy Lawn

In article ,
says...
On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 05:05:16 -0800 (PST), craig20
wrote and included this (or some of this):

I recently had a soakaway problem fixed but my lawn is still extremely
soggy. Does it take a long time normally to totally dry?

The rain doesn't help.

It is winter here so do I have to wait for warmer weather for soil to dry?

I don't think you really want a totally dry lawn.

See what it's like in May I should say.

Likewise, I would wait till at least may, my lawn is soggy at the moment
yet I live on a free draining slope which dries for past time :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk