GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring. Summer. Autumn. Winter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/167824-spring-summer-autumn-winter.html)

'Mike' 07-12-2007 02:59 PM

Spring. Summer. Autumn. Winter

I asked a while back when Autumn was because of an Autumn Ball I am
organising, well, in the Company's Diary I am sending out, there is a little
bit as follows:-

Spring begins March 20th @ 05.48
Summer begins June 20th @ 23.59
Autumn begins September 22nd @ 15.44
Winter begins December 21st @ 12.04

So I guess anywhere between September 22nd and December 20th and I can call
it an Autumn Ball :-))

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Broadback 07-12-2007 03:12 PM

'Mike' wrote:
I asked a while back when Autumn was because of an Autumn Ball I am
organising, well, in the Company's Diary I am sending out, there is a little
bit as follows:-

Spring begins March 20th @ 05.48
Summer begins June 20th @ 23.59
Autumn begins September 22nd @ 15.44
Winter begins December 21st @ 12.04

So I guess anywhere between September 22nd and December 20th and I can call
it an Autumn Ball :-))

Mike

Yes Mike, it does vary slightly, but if you reckon on the equinoxes and
longest and shortest days being the 21st of their respective months you
will not be far out.

'Mike' 07-12-2007 03:25 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
I asked a while back when Autumn was because of an Autumn Ball I am
organising, well, in the Company's Diary I am sending out, there is a
little bit as follows:-

Spring begins March 20th @ 05.48
Summer begins June 20th @ 23.59
Autumn begins September 22nd @ 15.44
Winter begins December 21st @ 12.04

So I guess anywhere between September 22nd and December 20th and I can
call it an Autumn Ball :-))

Mike

Yes Mike, it does vary slightly, but if you reckon on the equinoxes and
longest and shortest days being the 21st of their respective months you
will not be far out.

Yes well that is for 2008, be interesting to see what 2009 brings forth :-)

(Didn't have these diaries for this year)

Mike