Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Christmas presents

Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-12-2007, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Sacha wrote:
Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

Lady Chatterly.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

A few weeks dry weather so the ground drys out and I can dig the allotment
would be nice.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Nick
Maclaren says...
But, if I won the lottery, that would require a miracle. Like many
people of my background, I have never bought a ticket, discourage
everyone from buying me one, and intend to continue in that line ....

I have no problem parting with 2 euro's a week for a
ticket. The amount of money is neither here nor there. It
provides a modicum of entertainment for the Mrs when she
checks the numbers on a Saturday morning. We win the
occasional small sum. A big win would be nice though :-)
--
David in Normandy
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could
come
true?

A few weeks dry weather so the ground drys out and I can dig the allotment
would be nice.

Wouldn't it just. But on Sacha's theme, something I'd like to do would be to
plant a hedge that flowered from one end to the other through the year. OK,
the depths of winter would be difficult, but the Forsythia will be flowering
in March, and then what? I'd like to be able to look out of the window and
say it must be May(or whatever), the Ceanothus is flowering. Stuff like
that.

What should I plant? Or rather, what should I plan to plant when I win the
lottery and get this garden?

Steve

Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:

| But, if I won the lottery, that would require a miracle. Like many
| people of my background, I have never bought a ticket, discourage
| everyone from buying me one, and intend to continue in that line ....
|
| I have no problem parting with 2 euro's a week for a
| ticket. The amount of money is neither here nor there. It
| provides a modicum of entertainment for the Mrs when she
| checks the numbers on a Saturday morning. We win the
| occasional small sum. A big win would be nice though :-)

I object to subsidising a swindle. Honest gambling is one thing;
the National Fleecery is another.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 20:01:32 +0000, Sam wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

Lady Chatterly.

Lady Chatterly Slobber ??

IDTT

DG

Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 19:10:00 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

A full time gardener :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.freerice.com/index.php

Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could come
true?

A full time helper for me on my allotment.
Like here.
http://www.beautifulbritain.plus.com...ie_dimmock.htm

Wally

Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/12/07 19:46, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:
| In article C37F4B08.60BAE%
| , Sacha says...
| Someone starts this every year so I'll give it a try this year - what
| gardening related gift would you wish for if your wildest dream could
come
| true?
|
| If I won the lottery I would love to design one hell of a
| landscaped garden. A sort of cross between between a
| fantasy park, The Kew gardens "Princes Diana" glasshouse,
| an Eden project dome and a set from the film "Raiders of
| the lost Ark". There would be lots of flowers and tropical
| plants, lots of nooks and crannies with places to sit and
| relax plus a few Barbara Hepworth and other contemporary
| type sculptures.
|
| I think that's spent a few million?

I can relate to that, as our transpondian friends say.

But, if I won the lottery, that would require a miracle. Like many
people of my background, I have never bought a ticket, discourage
everyone from buying me one, and intend to continue in that line ....

In your wildest dreams, Nick, not Lotto related ;-) (Bah, humbug!)

Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/12/07 20:43, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
[...]

Sarcococca for winter flowering?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/12/07 21:09, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
David in Normandy writes:

| But, if I won the lottery, that would require a miracle. Like many
| people of my background, I have never bought a ticket, discourage
| everyone from buying me one, and intend to continue in that line ....
|
| I have no problem parting with 2 euro's a week for a
| ticket. The amount of money is neither here nor there. It
| provides a modicum of entertainment for the Mrs when she
| checks the numbers on a Saturday morning. We win the
| occasional small sum. A big win would be nice though :-)

I object to subsidising a swindle. Honest gambling is one thing;
the National Fleecery is another.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick, will you for heaven's sake let go and just go mad for a minute or six!
I'm getting over a rotten cold, I'm stuffed to the eyeballs with
Paracetathingies and antibiotics and I want to hear some fun stuff. Tchah.
IF someone else won the Lottery and bought you whatever you wished, what
would you wish?!