GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone please tell me what this critter is? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/168123-can-anyone-please-tell-me-what-critter.html)

[email protected] 20-12-2007 10:03 PM

Can anyone please tell me what this critter is?

I've been trying to find out what this little critter is for months
now.

Does anyone have any idea if it's a moth, a slug, or a.n.other.

picture 1 is at http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aaa.jpg
autobalanced is at http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aab.jpg

Many Thanks
Liam

K 20-12-2007 11:46 PM

Can anyone please tell me what this critter is?

writes
I've been trying to find out what this little critter is for months
now.

Does anyone have any idea if it's a moth, a slug, or a.n.other.

picture 1 is at
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aaa.jpg
autobalanced is at http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aab.jpg

It's an insect larva of some sort, definitely not a slug
--
Kay

Russel Sprout 21-12-2007 10:28 AM

wrote in message
I've been trying to find out what this little critter is for months
now.

Does anyone have any idea if it's a moth, a slug, or a.n.other.

picture 1 is at
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aaa.jpg
autobalanced is at
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aab.jpg

Many Thanks
Liam

I looks like a Hawk Moth catterpillar, which particular Hawk Moth I cannot
tell from the photo.

[email protected] 21-12-2007 12:57 PM

On 21 Dec, 10:28, "Russel Sprout" wrote:
wrote in message

I've been trying to find out what this little critter is for months
now.

Does anyone have any idea if it's a moth, a slug, or a.n.other.

picture 1 is at
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aaa.jpg
autobalanced is at
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l_2006/aab.jpg

Many Thanks
Liam

I looks like a Hawk Moth catterpillar, which particular Hawk Moth I cannot
tell from the photo.

Thanks everyone,

It does look like the Lime Hawkmoth - http://www.pbase.com/02purser/from_egg_to_adult

Many Thanks Again