Old 23-12-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bulbs

A friend has given me a large mixture of bulbs, I think it is probably too late
to plant them now for next year, apart from the fact that it's a cold for
gardening.
Could anyone tell me if these bulbs will keep until next spring and if so is
there any special way to store them. I will grateful for any advice.

Bryan ( Winchester )

Old 24-12-2007, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Zoab" wrote ...
A friend has given me a large mixture of bulbs, I think it is probably too
late to plant them now for next year, apart from the fact that it's a cold
for gardening.
Could anyone tell me if these bulbs will keep until next spring and if so
is there any special way to store them. I will grateful for any advice.

They will not keep until next year, plant them now, they will probably just
flower later.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 24-12-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 24 Dec, 08:34, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article ,
says... On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:10:51 GMT, "Zoab" wrote:

A friend has given me a large mixture of bulbs, I think it is probably too late
to plant them now for next year, apart from the fact that it's a cold for
gardening.
Could anyone tell me if these bulbs will keep until next spring and if so is
there any special way to store them. I will grateful for any advice.

It's not too late.

And they are better in the ground, just planted some I had forgotten when
I did the rest and something tiny had eaten a lot of them!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

I still have around 100 to plant.
You can always plant them in pots so that when your existing bulbs
come up you can plant the potted bulbs in the gaps.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Old 24-12-2007, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Zoab" wrote in message
A friend has given me a large mixture of bulbs, I think it is probably too late
to plant them now for next year, apart from the fact that it's a cold for
gardening.
Could anyone tell me if these bulbs will keep until next spring and if so is
there any special way to store them. I will grateful for any advice.

Bryan ( Winchester )

Many thanks to all who replied. As a 75 year old it looks like I shall have to
brave the weather and get planting. I like the idea of planting in tubs, that's
what I shall go for. Again thank you all. A very Happy Christmas.

Bryan

bulbs lois Lawns 3 05-05-2003 11:58 PM
Spring Bulbs Greg Gardening 2 04-02-2003 03:48 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Ponds (alternative) 1 30-01-2003 06:21 AM
SPAM ALERT an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets animaux Gardening 0 30-01-2003 03:52 AM
an ad I saw for multiple packs Flower Bulbs, Strawberrys, hanging baskets j Gardening 0 29-01-2003 10:55 PM