Old 24-12-2007, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The Twelve Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my true love said to me
I'm glad we've bought a turkey and a proper Christmas tree.

On the second day of Christmas much laughter could be heard
As we tucked into our turkey - a most delicious bird.

On the third day of Christmas we'd friends in from next door
The turkey tasted just as good as on the day before.

On the fourth day of Christmas Gran came, she's rather old.
We finished up the Christmas pud and ate the turkey cold.

On the fifth day of Christmas outside the snowflakes flurried
But we were nice and warm inside - we ate the turkey - curried.

On the sixth day of Christmas the turkey spirit died.
The children fought and bickered and we ate the turkey - fried.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave a wince
When he sat down to dinner and was given turkey mince.

On the eighth day of Christmas the dog ran off for shelter
I served up turkey pancakes and a glass of Alka Seltzer.

On the ninth day of Christmas poor Dad began to cry
He said he couldn't stand the strain of eating turkey pie.

On the tenth day of Christmas the air was rather blue
And everybody grumbled at eating turkey stew.

On the eleventh day of Christmas the Christmas tree was moulting
Mince pies as hard as rock and the turkey quite revolting.

On the twelfth day of Christmas at last Dad smacked his lips
The guests had gone, the turkey too - we dined on fish and chips!

Merry Christmas to you all

Mike
(The Yorkshire one)

Old 24-12-2007, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Brilliant!
Have a turkey butty.

Steve

Old 24-12-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me Me is offline

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
[...]

ours is done and dusted by the 4th day...........where do you get 100lb
turkeys..............

Old 24-12-2007, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Me" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
On the first day of Christmas my true love said to me
I'm glad we've bought a turkey and a proper Christmas tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas at last Dad smacked his lips
The guests had gone, the turkey too - we dined on fish and chips!

Merry Christmas to you all

Mike
(The Yorkshire one)

ours is done and dusted by the 4th day...........where do you get 100lb
turkeys..............

North Yorkshire of course :-)

Mike

Old 26-12-2007, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
On the first day of Christmas my true love said to me
I'm glad we've bought a turkey and a proper Christmas tree.

Wonderful Mike - duly forwarded to lots of my friends :~)))))
Jenny

Old 26-12-2007, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
On the first day of Christmas my true love said to me
I'm glad we've bought a turkey and a proper Christmas tree.

Wonderful Mike - duly forwarded to lots of my friends :~)))))
Jenny

On the second day of xmas, my truelove said to me:
Phew! I'm glad it's all over for another year!
Graham

Old 28-12-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
Us neither - we had Rabbit in Belgium beer and prunes followed by Lamb
with all the trimmings on Boxing day :~)))))

How sensible! It was turkey at a friend's on xmas eve, turkey at my house
on the day and I have been invited to sample another friends' turkey
leftovers this evening.
Graham

The Dutch don't have a set Xmas dinner as we Brits do......they have
something special, but it can be anything at all. The supermarkets are
bringing turkey into the equation, but not many Dutch people like it much !

Jenny

There HAS to be a twelve step program out there.................. madgardener Gardening 15 06-11-2003 03:02 PM
There HAS to be a twelve step program out Cheryl Isaak Gardening 0 25-10-2003 01:02 PM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 26-02-2003 08:24 PM
The past few days madgard Gardening 3 30-01-2003 02:57 AM
Leylandii - Its days are numbered! Drakanthus United Kingdom 49 18-12-2002 02:21 AM