Old 24-12-2007, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I don't believe it!

It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment this
morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor little hands
from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing, put a hand in and
then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt the pain. Well, how was I
to know a wasp was overwintering in the index finger of my glove?

He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

Old 24-12-2007, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 24, 12:39*pm, "shazzbat"
wrote:
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment this
morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor little hands
from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing, put a hand in and
then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt the pain. Well, how was I
to know a wasp was overwintering in the index finger of my glove?

He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

And the same to you all!!
Old 24-12-2007, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me Me is offline

"shazzbat" wrote in message
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment this
morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor little hands
from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing, put a hand in and
then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt the pain. Well, how was
I to know a wasp was overwintering in the index finger of my glove?

He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

Confucius say, man who stung by waps, feel a prick...........especially at
Xmas.

Old 24-12-2007, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

shazzbat wrote:
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment
this morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor
little hands from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing,
put a hand in and then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt
the pain. Well, how was I to know a wasp was overwintering in the
index finger of my glove?
He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

Sorry to hear that. I always roll my gloves........ mainly against
spiddys.......never thought anot wasps.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 24-12-2007, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pete C wrote:
shazzbat wrote:
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment
this morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor
little hands from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing,
put a hand in and then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt
the pain. Well, how was I to know a wasp was overwintering in the
index finger of my glove?
He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

Sorry to hear that. I always roll my gloves........ mainly against
spiddys.......never thought anot wasps.

Look on the positive side, that is one less wasp nest next year in your
locality.
Happy Christmas and New Year, one and all. May your flowers bloom in
profusion, your veg not vegetate and all your cuttings take!

Old 24-12-2007, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , shazzbat says...
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment this
morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor little hands
from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing, put a hand in and
then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt the pain. Well, how was I
to know a wasp was overwintering in the index finger of my glove?

He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

At Christmas most people just get stung in the pocket.
--
David in Normandy
Old 24-12-2007, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
In article , shazzbat says...
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment
this

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

At Christmas most people just get stung in the pocket.
--

As I have been again today £1.60 yes one pound bloody sixty. Excess charge
from the Royal Mail for a Christmas card over 5mm thick because it has

Bah Humbug.

Mike

Old 24-12-2007, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Look on the positive side, that is one less wasp nest next year in your
locality.

My thoughts too! I hate the little b*ggers - I absolutely detest them! I
think they're one of Nature's careless moments. I also hate spideys, but I
can see the point in them ....

I'm carefull now, since I found a dead bee in one of my gloves - fortunately
dessicated and harmless.

Have a good one, all!!!!!

Barb

Old 24-12-2007, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
It's not going to be my Christmas, I can see. I went to the allotment this
morning, into the shed, got my gloves out to protect my poor little hands
from the thorns on the raspberry canes I was clearing, put a hand in and
then took it out a damn sight quicker when I felt the pain. Well, how was
I to know a wasp was overwintering in the index finger of my glove?

He paid the price, but that doesn't make my finger hurt any less. It's
Christmas eve and I've been stung by a wopse. Bah, humbug.

Anyway, happy blooming Christmas to you one and all.

Steve

At least that was nice and clean Steve, earlier this year I came
off the allotment and left my boots outside because they where muddy.
Next morning off to allotment again, putting on boots on the way out.
Walking along, my foot felt uncomfortable so removed boot to find
a snail had taken up residence therein.
One heck of a mess was involved.

Wally