Old 26-12-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Degradable bags

SWMBO was just about to buy some biodegradable poly bags to use in the
little kitchen recyc bin but the ones on ebay (carrier size) take a massive
3 years to rot down. Has anybody a source for the smaller 20x20 x26 cm bins
that do rot more quickly ? Or is it possible that the increased heat in the
heap might accelerate the process?
Derek

Old 26-12-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Derek
wrote
SWMBO was just about to buy some biodegradable poly bags to use in the
little kitchen recyc bin but the ones on ebay (carrier size) take a massive
3 years to rot down. Has anybody a source for the smaller 20x20 x26 cm bins
that do rot more quickly ? Or is it possible that the increased heat in the
heap might accelerate the process?

Kitchen caddy liners made of starch - designed for composting.

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_composting/composting/accessories.html

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/88888...+Caddy+Liners/
pid/6525965

Search Google for 'kitchen caddy liner' and you will find other sources

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old 26-12-2007, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Derek
wrote
SWMBO was just about to buy some biodegradable poly bags to use in the
little kitchen recyc bin but the ones on ebay (carrier size) take a
massive
3 years to rot down. Has anybody a source for the smaller 20x20 x26 cm
bins
that do rot more quickly ? Or is it possible that the increased heat in
the
heap might accelerate the process?

Kitchen caddy liners made of starch - designed for composting.

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_composting/composting/accessories.html

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/88888...+Caddy+Liners/
pid/6525965

Search Google for 'kitchen caddy liner' and you will find other sources

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Thank Alan it was the caddy part was eludeing me that made it simple I
found http://www.biobags.co.uk/index.htm they seem competitive and good
enough for the kitchen bin I supposed I should have guessed there is a Euro
standard for degradeable bags.
Thanks again and happy new year
Derek

Old 28-12-2007, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek" wrote in message
SWMBO was just about to buy some biodegradable poly bags to use in the
little kitchen recyc bin but the ones on ebay (carrier size) take a
massive 3 years to rot down. Has anybody a source for the smaller 20x20
x26 cm bins that do rot more quickly ? Or is it possible that the
increased heat in the heap might accelerate the process?
Derek

I found some in Tesco a couple of weeks ago. I don't have the label, but
IIRC there is no plastic in them and they start to decompose in a matter of
weeks.
--
Hungerdunger
To reply by email, remove the MarX from my address

home made grow bags using tesco carrier bags. jww United Kingdom 5 13-06-2006 01:41 PM
Bio-degradable ? JennyC United Kingdom 18 14-03-2004 05:31 PM
Bio-degradable ? JennyC United Kingdom 3 14-03-2004 06:31 AM
Bio-degradable ? JennyC United Kingdom 4 14-03-2004 05:31 AM
Bio-degradable ? JennyC United Kingdom 2 14-03-2004 04:37 AM